• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there any good gaming keyboard at under $50?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ITAngel

Hi guys, I am wondering if there is any good gaming keyboard at under $50? my keyboard buttons sick and are hard to push sometimes town. So I feel that is getting my fingers and arms way to tired if I game for to long or type for to long. Any recommendations?

Not sure what features you need, but look for mechanical keyboards.

Oh yea I forgot to mention I want mechanical if possible but not sure if those will be found for that price with lid buttons and maybe some multimedia buttons or programmable G buttons.

If you want a mechanical with programmable buttons, you're looking over $100.
It sounds like to me that the best thing for your budget/requirements would be to find a used G710+

I think bestbuy has the thermaltake posieden z for $59 and seems a pretty nice board and is mechanical. regular price is $79

Okey thanks dejo I will check it out, the closes I found was Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition Essential Mechanical Gaming Keybaord for $67.68.

the posieden z has a 5 year warranty as well. I would go that way over the razor. but thats just me

I've tried a Razer mechanical in-store, it was very underwhelming.

my daughter likes the posiedenz as much as her corsair k70, if that means anything

You can occasionally find the Rosewill keyboards on sale as well, they aren't flashy, but worked well with the one that I had for review (MX Browns)

Not mechanical but they are very good...

was going to suggest the microsoft sidewinder x4 (26 key anti-ghosting) with multiple profiles and programmable...i got it back in 2012 for around $40 but prices on it are going crazy and im not sure why. Newegg has it for $256 now. WHAT?!

Otherwise, a great budget combo Cooler Master Devastator. My brother got it and even though it isn't mechanical, it actually has a similar feel and he uses it for gaming great. The mouse it comes with is nice too.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823129030

Great price on top of that.

My local bestbuy has a huge selection of keyboards. I Was getting a new mouse and tried em all out. Corsair K70 mx blue is the keyboard in comparison.

- Razers new switch felt pretty much identical to the mx blue keyboard that was sitting right next to it. I really couldn't feel much a difference at all. You can get refurb'd ones for pretty cheap

- The posiedon Z thing... It was definitely better than a membrane, but something about it just didnt feel "quality" when I was jamming on the keys. Its backlit though, which is a major plus for it. It was similar to an mx blue, just a bit more 'squishy'.

- Used mech's are great value if they are in great shape. Amazon has a huge selection. I would be very comfortable buying that razer, it felt pretty good to me.

Finally, built a computer for a friend of mine this week actually, and he cheaped out and got a cooler master devastator keyboard/mouse combo. The mouse was crap for me (completely flat!) but that keyboard was probably the best membrane keyboard I've ever seen. I personally own steel series apex keyboard (htpc keyboard), and its very nice, but the devastator definitely felt much better.

I've been using the cm storm devastator keyboard for over a year now,the mouse left click died on me after about 6 months,the keyboard looks brand new still pretty much no wear,would HIGHLY reccomend it for the price also comes in red but i have the blue.

What you guys think about the SteelSeries Apex Gaming Keyboard? Are they worth it?

Another keyboard I have in mind for sure so far that I like is the Corsair Vengeance K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Cherry MX Blue.

Last edited:
The K70 is definitely going to be far nicer than the non-mechanicals you mentioned, though I would personally recommend checking out grabbing a board with CherryMX Reds unless you want the clicky clacky noise.

Steelseries 6Gv2. Not quite that cheap but it is rugged as f*ck. If I had to go to war right now and pick a weapon from my house I would grab my keyboard.
It doesn't have any fancy macro keys but it does have basic media keys integrated into F1-F6 keys.
This is a keyboard that is built to last.
If you want backlit mechanical keyboard it is going to cost. In a way backlit keyboard is nice but sitting on a computer in the dark isn't very good for your eyes.

I would look into the Cooler master QuickFire rapid/ QuickFire stealth. They are cheap and they are a little bit smaller (as they no numpad) than standard keyboards (good if you are playing FPS games like CS GO on low sens, so you have enough mouseroom with both hands in a comftable spot).

Back