• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX980 causing system freeze, but only with BF4.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got the drivers downloaded. Remove the old drivers, even went into safe mode to do it, installed the older drivers, check out the driver number, and it was the latest.

I got it to run with the lastest one now, dont know why or how, but i just did an hours gaming with sli enabled, on BF4 and 347.88 drivers

I got the drivers downloaded. Remove the old drivers, even went into safe mode to do it, installed the older drivers, check out the driver number, and it was the latest.

I got it to run with the lastest one now, dont know why or how, but i just did an hours gaming with sli enabled, on BF4 and 347.88 drivers

Use DDU to uninstall drivers when you encounter weird stuff. It will turn off that option in Windows where it will fetch the latest drivers...DDU will prompt you telling you the feature was stopped so you can install a clean driver of your choice without Windows installing whatever it finds. 347.88 works flawlessly for me.

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

Use DDU to uninstall drivers when you encounter weird stuff. It will turn off that option in Windows where it will fetch the latest drivers...DDU will prompt you telling you the feature was stopped so you can install a clean driver of your choice without Windows installing whatever it finds. 347.88 works flawlessly for me.

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

Why would he do that now that it's working?????

SLI is a finicky thing at times. I have been doing it for years and sometimes with certain cards and titles SLI just will not work. I have 2x 770s right now in my HTPC and FarCry4 which is an Nvidia title still will not work with SLI. It was doing the same thing you saw with the black screen. I just play on one card and no issue. Sometimes these things NEVER get resolved either.

I gave FC4 a shot last night with SlI again and it's still broke.

Any multiple GPU solution is 'finicky'.. you should know! :)

I see, well that said, i had different issues with AMD, but easier to fix, when they came along.

I am happy with the 980's, now its just getting it all to play nice, and then get my last 1440p dell's and it should bea beastly setup for gaming.

So, latest update for W10 was a major Sli killer, but nvidia have now brought out a W10 beta driver, thats doing a great job. Bf4 works flawless now, and i can even use the start button without a full pc crash.

I simply gave up in the end. Now i am running Windows 8.1 Pro, and so far, its been good, i did have one BF4 crash the other day, but apart from that, its been good gaming. Seems to be working like it should on W8.

Back