• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII:April, 3DMark03

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Guess its time to bin CPUs... ;)

LOL @ this run (just putting something on the board for now): Earthdog/R9 295x2/H2O/150725

ocf295z2stock.jpg

I couldn't do 5.0 or better due to my temps, what happened to winter?!?!?!

Winters going by by, time to break out your freezer. I thought I would take the time today to get something going with what cold we have left ..... -3*C this am up here. Time for a snack and let things cool a bit then I'll try again.

Winters going by by, time to break out your freezer. I thought I would take the time today to get something going with what cold we have left ..... -3*C this am up here. Time for a snack and let things cool a bit then I'll try again.
-3c I wish it was 8c this morning and 17 now :(.

I'm gonna have to put the pot on the 4770k for this bench some time this month. That should help. :D

Guess its time to bin CPUs... ;)

LOL @ this run (just putting something on the board for now): Earthdog/R9 295x2/H2O/150725
Sandbagger ;)

All updated guys. Nice very nice scores dejo

bassnut / GTX970 / 1 / Stock / 178155

Not sure if I can recreate this but here's my best so far.

RUN1.jpg

Better break out the 3570k this is where AMD land is no fun!

I have no cooling for it!!! Besides, I don't want to see that chip anymore, unless it's folding. :p

Prepare for disappointment.
Yes yes... :(

A mere 88K.
Then the whole rig black screened :-/
Back to the drawing board.

While I'm here, why are all these GPU benches so heavily dependent on the CPU???

Because they're old single threaded GPU benchmarks. The single core performance shines here.

Just an FYI my 8350 at 5.3 scored 10k lower then my 4770k at 5.1 with my Ati 5850 on board.

fx, in the large is disappointing, but it has it's place in the home desktop.
openfoam and sparyfoam are good examples, I've been playing with this and my 8350 is much faster at running the sims than my 4790K.
Why, you might ask, my 4790K is seen as a quad core by the software that can't use virtual cores and my 8 core FX is seen as 8 cores and the sim is calculated 50-70% faster with it and if I add combustion to the sim that time really counts, it could mean hours.

MetalRacer / GTX980 / 1X / H2O / 194802

Capture586.jpg

Back