• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII:April, 3DMark03

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Roger, I wouldn't do a full P95 stable test for a benchmark. Just back it down a bit and work it back up gently until it crashes or you notice a drop off in score. Stability testing is more for 24/7 use, not benchmarking.

Roger, I wouldn't do a full P95 stable test for a benchmark. Just back it down a bit and work it back up gently until it crashes or you notice a drop off in score. Stability testing is more for 24/7 use, not benchmarking.

Exactly. You are running the 1/4 mile here, not the 24 hours of Lemans. :)

yep, getting though all four tests is the only amount of stability that one needs to address

knock it down it down to two cores or 4 cores, go tight not fast on the kit

follow the non English instructions in my last post and you will be cool

This is a short race(sprint), not a marathon. You only need to be stable enough to run the short race, not the marathon.

Go tight = lower your timings on the ram.

Roger if you're stress testing with memtest and or prime 95 to see if it's stable enough to bench you're going about it all wrong. It only has to be stable enough to run the bench. If it makes it through the bench then it's stable.

ok it makes it thru all the test , im just confused is all is to why the 10k diffrence

The difference is something is set up differently either with your OC r with the way windows is installed or how you have it set.

Yep, had the 05 & 06 driver in last night, loaded the 285 last night before I shut down, but was to iced up to do anything with

probably load the 310 in for 01 before i take the pot off and wrap it up for April if my juice holds out, have about 15 liters left

Next will be binning my 5870's on air and getting them ready for the gig :thup:

@Woomack
I loved the article that you did on memory.
My problem that I have ran into is that I'm using AMD and not Intel. All the reviews that I read used a Intel setup to get their speed information from. Since I'm on the AMD system, I know that I'm not going to be seeing any numbers close to theirs (I did have a fluke benchrun in maxmem were I got a score of like 32000). Would it just be easier to pick up some Muskhin Redline 996996 DDR 2133 9-11-10-28 1.6v

Okay Guys.....you can start laughing now. I dropped to 2 cores as I have not been able to stop 03 after the GPU test without it telling me that "I have stopped the test". With all 8 going with no cold, it BSOD's shortly after starting the CPU run. I had AB OSD going so that I could see when my GPU started throttling. The weird thing was, that when the CPU test was running, I also had the GPU % involved. When the CPU would start to bog down, the GPU % would go from 1%-2% to 40%-60% the highest being 72%.

3D Mark 03 PM.jpg 3D Mark 03 PM.jpg

as I have not been able to stop 03 after the GPU test without it telling me that "I have stopped the test".
Correct. Knock off the warning box and click the option button in the results box and you'll have your score. ;)

try 13.11

I'm not comfortable with 13.11, there are way to many BETA versions of it. If you have a special recommendation on a certain version, I'll happily try it. Going to use 13.12 WHQL driver instead.

Thanks for the head up:)

Back