• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about GTX 960, vs 270X in Gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ITAngel

Hi guys I was wondering what your guys think of the EVGA GTX 960 FTW vs the XFX DD 270X card for gaming under DirectX 12. Is it worth grabbing a 960 for the Direct X 12 feature? I seen some gaming videos were the 960 was ahead by like 20+ points at 1080p.

I assume this is for a different computer as you currently have a 290X (at least according to your signature).

I would try to research what upcoming games will be coded for DX12 or if any devs have said they will be releasing a DX12 patch for their games. It looks like the performance increase, if properly coded for, is pretty huge in DX12, but if it's only benchmarks that use it it won't be very helpful.

Given the option to get either though for about the same price I'd go with the 960.

Don't they both support dx12 anyway? So it would come down to performance. Since dx12 titles/features aren't really out yet (though it won't be much of a change over 11 in the first place) it's difficult to compare outside of dx11 performance (Which there are reviews on our front page and dozens of other sites).

Not a problem guys just wondering and yes this is for my secondary PC. However; a friend will be sending me another 270X to CF.

Back