• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max HZ on my graphics card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

logonet

Hey, so I want to buy a 240hz monitor that has displayports, but I am not sure what is the maximum Hz this graphics card can output,
I also do have displayport on my GPU

Also can Hz be higher on lower resolutions?

My GPU: AMD R9 270X
I get up to 600 fps on that GPU

Unsure, but on some models it'll run 144Hz. Buying a 240Hz monitor to use with a 270x is a waste. Best bet would be a 120hz monitor and even then the 270x will be at it's limits at that resolution.

I am unaware of any monitors that are 240hz. Are you talking about a TV, that Hz is interpoloated and not official 240hz and would have poor response time.

As for games where you can get that many FPS, I can get a consistent 300fps with fps_max set in most/any source games with my crossfire 290x (and likely with a single 290x)

But to answer your question, I'm unaware of a limitation on Hz with a video card.

this is the monitor I want to buy,
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-004-EO
apparently this 240hz just came out, Is this a rip off? or it will actually work?

They say on their product page:
Experience fluid gameplay free from motion blur with the gaming industry’s first 240 Hz monitor. EIZO’s Turbo 240 converts 120 Hz input signals to 240 Hz for a refresh rate double that of conventional gaming monitors so you can enjoy the smoothest motion display yet for first-person shooter, racing, and other fast-action genres.

Lol what game are you getting 600fps on?
on 600x480 resolution on cs:go

Last edited by a moderator:
Competitive player? Thats the only reason I can think of to run any game at 1994 resolutions!!!!

I would read the reviews of the monitor, it still says to me that it is a 120hz monitor that is using software to fake the look of 240hz (similar to what picture smoothing does on tvs)

And Jesus I hope so to run at that terrible res.

"EIZO’s Turbo 240 converts 120 Hz input signals to 240 Hz "

not an actual 240hz monitor.

Again, for any game outside of counterstrike source, youre not getting over 120 fps on anything. Why you spend 400 euros on a monitor that won't look ANY DIFFERENT?

We had a discussion here regarding that monitor before, and as pointed out it is NOT 240Hz. It is a GOOD 120Hz panel, BUT... You need to decide if it is worth the $200+ over current 144Hz panels.

It is VA, which offers better color reproduction to the TN panels on the market and it boasts a damn good 120Hz when looking at motion tests(funny enough 240Hz is sluggish in the motion tests in comparison). A very solid panel if you went that route. I just feel that if I'm going to drop around $550 on a monitor right now, I may as well save a little more and grab the Acer XB270HU bprz as it is 144Hz, IPS, has G-Sync, and can be had for $720~.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.HB0AA.001

Use promo code for 10% off: SeizeTheIdea
EXPIRES: 04/15/2015

--READ BELOW--

Now considering the vid card you run, unless you upgraded, it wouldn't seem feasible to grab a 2560x1440 panel to game on. If I were you and had that card, I would save the $200 from buying that Eizo and just pick up a BenQ XL2411Z or ASUS VG248QE.

As a heads up from someone who did the competitive scene thing back in the Source glory days, my advice to you is to learn playing at 1920x1080 and find mouse settings that work properly for you at that resolution.

Last edited:
Competitive player? Thats the only reason I can think of to run any game at 1994 resolutions!!!!

I run esea accounts on CS, first I've heard of running that resolution lol

edit : I do know some door knobs that run on cathode monitors tho! haha

Last edited:
As a former competitive CS player (and many other games), I can say there is absolutely no reason to run 640x480, and I have never heard of anyone doing it. It's not uncommon in some games to turn graphics settings to low to improve visibility, but an ultra-low resolution gives no advantage.

Back