• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have watercooled but cannot test system.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

andaco

I have watercooled my system and seem to have got all the air out. I have a problem with testing it, I cannot get either mouse or keyboard to work out of bios, i.e. in windows 7. I've tried both cable and wireless to the same effect, yet both worked perfectly before watercooling. The board is an Asus Crossfire V Formula Z and the only thing altered in bios so far is to disable the " Wait for F1 warning " , which enabled computer to boot into Windows. All usb ports are shown as activated, and Legacy usb support is enabled. I must admit that I'm stuck on this one.

Incidentally, how do you get rid of the annoying pop-up warning in Windows, " Computer Fan @ 0rpm ". It appears to be motherboard generated because it's in black and red ( Asus colours ) rather than the usual Windows notification.

Thanks, in anticipation.

use the two ports on the other end of the I/O plate from the audio plugs for keyboard and mouse, reset your bios to default.
in bios, under the monitor tab you can set the fans and other monitors to ignore.

When you mean seems to get all the water out, does that mean testing the WC parts under 24 hr or so run with checking all the bits to make sure you have no leaks with no power applied to nothing but the pumps? Meaning you bypassed the mobo, the 24 pin not even connected to the Mobo or anything else like a HD etc? No fans, just the pump running. Jumped the PSU so the pump ran 24 hours before you determined you have no issues in the WC setup only ran the Pump Double checked the TIM app on the CPU? Mounted right?

If that is all good did the old bios settings have massive overclocks? If so please drop them to stock by resetting the CMOS.

Please make a sig with your current parts so we don't have to rehash your parts every 5 posts, or we will get tired. My sig has one, it's way old, see how others do it. Parts, don't need fans or HD much, make it for what WE need to help you please. WC parts, CPU, GPU etc.

Please recheck electrical connections, it's probably that more than anything else. Check and recheck, disconnect things you don't need for basic operation.

Don't even know what WC you have yet. Lots of questions. Fill in the blanks please.

Back