• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Galax Gamer 120GB SSD Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

To everyone that may be scratching their heads on the title, that is NOT a typo. Today we bring you a new SSD on the market from Galax, you know, formerly Galaxy, the maker of the infamous high end NVIDIA H.O.F. cards we all love so much?! Galax has teamed up with JMicron to bring you an SSD made for gaming primarily. While this data isn't particularly special in how it needs to be handled, what we don't need on a drive like this is blazing write speeds as once things get installed, its usually there. And even the slowest of the SSDs are still way faster than a HDD by leaps and bounds.
Click here to view the article.

Thanks Joe. The roll out of this drive makes me think 'signal sent' in that there will be continuing downward pricing pressure for SATA SSDs; toss in the advent of m.2 and PCIe SSDs and I'm wondering if SATA SSDs won't come for free with the purchase of a box of cereal in my lifetime.:cool:

Thanks Joe. The roll out of this drive makes me think 'signal sent' in that there will be continuing downward pricing pressure for SATA SSDs; toss in the advent of m.2 and PCIe SSDs and I'm wondering if SATA SSDs won't come for free with the purchase of a box of cereal in my lifetime.:cool:

I'm actually surprised more OEMs aren't making more low end prebuilts with 120-240GB solo SSDs and instead, opting for slower 500GB-1TB mechanical drives (slower in this case as in I doubt that $400 Acer on the shelf has a WD Black). Customers who just want a basic web surfing/word processing machine would like the speed increase and places like BB would love being able to charge $75 to install that HDD for those who need space, it's a win-win :D

we have the 120GB drive (111.79GB formatted)

Can we please stop this frivolous-lawsuit-bait? It's 120 GB. The disk properties in Windows will even say a capacity of 120,000,000,000 + a few spare bytes. If you must point out the lower number (which is always going to be the exact same ratio regardless of drive), use the specific (GiB) unit to differentiate.

Last edited:
Back