• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HWMonitor CPU Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LuckyNumb3r13

Registered
Hey everyone, quick question. I've got a FX 8320 and all I've been able to find on the net for a safe temp is 62C. I use HWMonitor as well as Asus AI Suite.

Now looking at HWMonitor I'm not sure which temp i should be going off for that 62C. Typically the temperature given for CPU in AI suite is the same as the CPU temp under my MB in HWmonitor. (the HWMonitor was cropped in from a different screen).

Noticed this thread :http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/703838-Av-Temps-for-AMD-FX-8120-3-1Ghz-8-Core-CPU
but my HWmonitor doesnt really show the same data.

Hoping someone can clear this up for me.
Thanks in advance.

CPU TEMP.jpg

In HWMonitor where it shows CPU at 33c, that's the socket temp, that's the temp you don't want to go over 65c, so CPU in HWMonitor and AI is the same temp (socket temp).
Package temp is the core temp, that you need to keep under 55c and from what I see in your screen shot, your temps are fine.

Last edited:
Back