• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI GTX970 Gold Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Carniex

Registered
Has anyone here tested out the MSI GTX970 Gold Edition card over the Gaming 4g one. The price is like $20 difference between the 2 right now.

All these cards are about the same with different settings in BIOS. Still you can set each of them even higher.

I would say that the msi gaming 4g is the better value. wasnt impressed with the evga ssc970, but with a bios flash the evga does come around some. still not as fasy as my msi card. but I think I got lucky with the msi

my budget just got increased as per my wife lol. I can go to gtx980. Now to decide which one

All EVGA GTX970 and non Classified GTX980 are about as good as reference cards with better cooler. So you pay for a better cooler and better warranty but not better card.

Gigabyte, ASUS, MSI, Zotac, Galax have improved PCB and power section, also most of them have good coolers. Not all of them have good warranty.

If you are looking for a card for gaming then really it won't make any difference which brand you take. Just look for the one with good warranty and cooler ( mainly EVGA for US area ).

Back