• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend Me a CHEAP Socket 775 board for a cheap build.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeasonalEclipse

So, Iv purchased a Q8200 the other day for 20 dollars. I havent OCed or anything in several years and just want to play around some. Does anyone know of a decent cheap 775 board that I can find used on ebay for under 100 dollars?

The giga ep45 series are pretty reasonable but they're on DDR2 still

Doesnt matter if its DDR2 or DDR3. Ill have to pick up some ram either way. This is just a fun system. I need to upgrade my signature.. LOL I run a Macbook air now.

Its crazy how the 775 processors are mostly all cheap but the decent boards are still over 100 dollars.

Iv actually been bidding on that one already. LOL Yeah a mild OC, nothing extreme. Are there any ATI or nvidia chipsets that would OC? Or mainly P43/945?

I have the UD3R and it's a solid board. This one looks pretty similar at least in the power section. I've had some chips going pretty fast in it. Don't know about the nvidia.

Iv actually been bidding on that one already. LOL Yeah a mild OC, nothing extreme. Are there any ATI or nvidia chipsets that would OC? Or mainly P43/945?

The nvidia 790i chipset boards are typically good overclockers (from my experience), but they also cost a small fortune. Typically $150+ is not unusual from what I've seen, some go for over $200. These can be found in EVGA, XFX, and ASUS branding (don't think any other companies made them, but I may be wrong).

The 780i chipset boards are also quite good, but while cheaper than 790i boards they still aren't exactly "cheap". You're looking at $70-120 for a working one usually. These can be found in EVGA, XFX, and ASUS branding (don't think any other companies made them, but I may be wrong).

A 750i would probably give reasonable performance, and they're usually cheaper than their newer brethren, but perhaps not as good at overclocking. These can be found in EVGA, XFX, and ASUS branding (don't think any other companies made them, but I may be wrong).

Other good boards: EP45-UD3P (revision 1.0 and 1.1 are best, revision 1.6 not so much) (typically $60-120 last I checked), EP45-UD3R, Asus Rampage Extreme (typically $100+), Asus Maximus Formula (X38), Asus Maximus II Formula (P45), DFI Lanparty P45-T2RS (P45 DDR2 memory) DFI Lanparty P45-T3RS (P45 DDR3 memory). There may be other good boards out there, but these are the main ones I can think of off the top of my head.

The DFI one's are nearly impossible to find, but I've heard they were good boards.

Last edited:
Anyone use the Asrock P5B-DE much? Its the cheapest board on ebay that isnt a pull from a dell or gateway computer. LOL Iv bid on a few Gigabyte boards though as well, maybe ill luck out.

Back