• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NewEgg email adds won't load pages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

Last couple of days NewEgg's email adds seem broken. When I click on the link to view the webpage it times out. I've tried turning off my firewall and antivirus. I've tried opening them in different browswers but no go. Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

There was a big Comcast line which was cut in your area. I'm guessing it is a routing issue. The emails work fine for me.

There was a big Comcast line which was cut in your area. I'm guessing it is a routing issue. The emails work fine for me.

I see! How did you come to find that out? Got a link to that outage?

Thid, you work for Comcast?

I'm about 85 mi. south of Seattle so not sure what bearing that has on me. There have been no interruptions in my general internet connection and I can load NewEgg's main website page just fine. Must be an Egg advertising server in the Seattle area that was affected by the cable break. I placed a call to NewEgg customer support earlier this morning and they made up a ticket. I'm supposed to get a reply from NewEgg tech support within two days.

Ok...that explains Seattle area.....I have the same issue in Colorado Springs, CO for the last coupe of days. Is the Eggs server somewhere in Washington? Didn't see any mension of it.
I'm not sure where they are located, but if you route through the Seattle area, you may have issues. The downtime might be causing routing problems for different paths unrelated to the line that got cut.

Thid, you work for Comcast?

I'm about 85 mi. south of Seattle so not sure what bearing that has on me. There have been no interruptions in my general internet connection and I can load NewEgg's main website page just fine. Must be an Egg advertising server in the Seattle area that was affected by the cable break. I placed a call to NewEgg customer support earlier this morning and they made up a ticket. I'm supposed to get a reply from NewEgg tech support within two days.
Naw. We have customers across the US and noticed a trend.

Back