• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD ZEN Discussion (Previous Rumor Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thats a pretty beastly configuration. In a 2P thats 64core 128thread, 16 memory channels. @ddr4 2400 thats 300GB/second of memory bandwidth.

Thats a pretty beastly configuration. In a 2P thats 64core 128thread, 16 memory channels. @ddr4 2400 thats 300GB/second of memory bandwidth.

I wonder what will be the limiting factor in loading a program (Considering you are using the RAM as a OS and program drive)

I wonder what will be the limiting factor in loading a program (Considering you are using the RAM as a OS and program drive)

I'm not sure you understand how this server hardware would be used...

He may understand but I don't! Hints accepted :D

The vast, vast majority will be used for long-term computation and rendering. One second or thirty to start a render isn't a big deal when it can take close to a month to complete.

That and virtualization setups. To be able to have that many cores in a small chassis would be pretty incredible

That and virtualization setups. To be able to have that many cores in a small chassis would be pretty incredible

my thoughts as well could run many powerful vm's with a setup like that :)

Somehow 1.4GHz base clock is pretty low. It also looks like not the best idea if you wish to set Windows Server with their new licensing ( not saying it will be used with that but it's the most popular OS ).
If it's overclocking then I'm interested.

I think you'll find these server setups are going to be very pricey so really not for the home user.

Except for the part where it is apparently fake :)

Could be! But it also reads as a Mini ITX format so the picture looks accurate.

B350M-C This model isn't looked at as fake, but also not one bit of information about it at Asus's site either.

Guess we wait and see!

I think you'll find these server setups are going to be very pricey so really not for the home user.

true im running mine with windows server host and 4vm's on an i3 with 16gb of ram lol and its not a typical home server either i3 has plenty of horses, though i dont do any transcoding or encoding.

I sure hope so, cut down costs a bit! If AMD only go as low as 4c/8t then that means they're competing with i7 at the lowest. That leaves the i5 and i3 market (dual core with or without hyperthreading and quad core without) completely in intel's hands. Kinda makes me wonder why they're okay with batting in the low end GPU market but not the low end CPU market.

Another note, they could keep making CPU's with lower performance, maybe less cache, lower clock speeds, lower over all architectural performance for the very budget conscious consumers. Like what they do with the Athlon x4 chips right now.

Back