• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD ZEN Discussion (Previous Rumor Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am so much less angry with the platform. It is like night and day.

My pair of turbos would happily argue that.

And my normally aspirated bike would happily argue with that lol!

- - - Updated - - -

Pair of turbos on what? Do ricers really need that much boost to compete with Naturally aspirated small blocks?

Turbos and superchargers are gimmicks. Just like AIO coolers.

There were SS wagons. ;)

I had a 69 El Camingia with a 402 and a rockcrusher also. :)

Haha that's sweet. Won't find those around here anymore. Hate living in the salt belt.

I need an overdrive transmission....... :(

TH350 with the 4:10 is horrible. Should I find a 700R?

I am so much less angry with the platform. It is like night and day.
So happy you said that, I am the same way so far with the 1800x. I just get angry when I'm on it because of all the BS I need to do to get it to run correctly. The most frustrating is rebooting after a driver crash 3D benching, it must take 5 minutes to get it back into windows with the amount of times it goes through the boot cycle, even without changing a thing.

So happy you said that, I am the same way so far with the 1800x. I just get angry when I'm on it because of all the BS I need to do to get it to run correctly. The most frustrating is rebooting after a driver crash 3D benching, it must take 5 minutes to get it back into windows with the amount of times it goes through the boot cycle, even without changing a thing.

This is what a release BIOS should have looked like. It still is rough around the edges, but finally it is usable.

So after my second weekend i finally have my 1800x system up, well kinda. My first crosshair 6 motherboard had a transistor just fall off the board without me even taking it out of the box. That delayed it another week. I have literally never seen that happen before in my life hahaha. Now I have the second one up and running, but my 32 gigs of Gskill trident z RGB decided to crap out. So now I have some led corsair veangence on the way (64g kit 3200).

I have a samsung 960 pro nvme ssd which has not given me any issues. I know some have had them. My board shipped with the 0902 bios, have tried 1001 and the other version with the 2T timings.

What surprises me is the default settings on the board have the XFR and voltage spiking to 1.5+ on the core. I have a pretty beefy custom loop so temps are not an issue, but I'm definitely going to fix that soon. Stability wise I haven't had any issues and in fact, it is much smoother gaming then my OC'ed 3770k was (so far, just a few games).

The OC guide posted is on the asus official forums i had that already and it's a good read.

It's funny though the 4 ram sticks worked at startup, and then after some bios flashing 1 stopped working, and the lights on one set just don't light anymore. Some people were saying ryzen killed sticks, so there may be an ounce of truth to that, however my first install even when it booted fine, had some odd memory type issues installing win 10 so it may have been there all along.

Upon trying to change any memory settings and speed i got the triple beep of death (thanks asus) and eventually it would post back to lower speeds, then one stick stopped working. Then i tested one by one and found the bad stick (had 4), and then took out the bad pair, and then the lights went out on the working sticks.... lol

At least with 1001 u can use fan expert. The microcode update for ram is supposed to be out to vendors soon, hoping that helps some more. probably will push it and OC it later this week.

Temps so far are avg'ing idle around 37 deg and peaking at 50 in HW monitor with ryzen support, considering that's with the voltage the mobo is spiking it at with XFR, my temps should be better overclocked...never thought id say that....hahaha

ryzenpic.PNG

I'm not sure is HWmonitor is being accurate on the voltage on the latest version, comparing with asus and ryzen master right now.

the cooling setup is the same as my sig XSPC Raystorm pro (for AM4) /Alphacool UT-60 420, Alphacool UT-60 280 / Dual MCP 6555 in series with XSPC Dual Bay/Dual Pump Resevoir , just replaced the pumps for good measure, used thermal grizzly paste

Last edited:
I know from comparison with a DMM that HWInfo64 is right on the money for voltage. Just curious what you're going to do with 64GB of ram. That's a ton and the current Ryzen isn't known to be accommodating for large quantities

Because I want to max it out. And this gives me the density to run 2 sticks at 32gb in the meantime if necessary. I do various tasks, using servers etc, so it wont go wasted.

No thanks... not for how I use my pc!

... then I would use cheapo H110 board with i5 CPU :p
Really I wasn't expecting more cores so soon. AMD said that they are not planning more than 8 cores and now we see some info about new chipset and sockets. Really I'm not happy seeing that when I just paid for 8 core+X370 board.

Back