• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD ZEN Discussion (Previous Rumor Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maybe the mods should consider closing this thread as nobody seems to be interested in keeping it on topic.

Does that mean they only claim it's faster, but it's really only 3/4 as fast? I'm sorry, but someone was going to say it and it was my turn. :D

This has me cracking up lol.

In other news not impressed with the B350 Asrock board at all. BIOS looks like a child wrote it and it died during the BIOS flash.

Picked up a 1600x and got it wound up last night. As far as voltage it's the best CPU I've had yet. CPUz is still reading my voltages way too high. I had 1.35V in BIOS and 1.3V under load and ran 4123 like a breeze. P95 dropped one core after a couple minutes wasn't really going for stability just wanted to see if it could. After passing GeekBench I knew it had to be close. THis is likely going to replace my FX9370 as my HTPC/Gamer. Glad I don't need 144 FPS

This shows the load voltage

4123 1.3v.JPG
GB 4848 28198.JPG
r15 1439.JPG
R11.5 15.93.JPG

A bit more fun from last night. Up to 4.3 GHz at 1.425v on the CPU with my chilled loop.

4300 1.425.JPG
GB 5023 29223.JPG
R11.5 16.69.JPG
r15 1500.JPG

Anyone trying out the latest chipset drivers?

Every time I have installed them using the actual package, I get system hangs from my M.2. Not sure why that has been, but I'm very skeptical to install the latest.

Is that from AMD or ASUS?? I have the AMD DL and no issues. Haven't tried on M.2 though

Installed it now. I find it interesting, the installer recommends 17.4.3, instead of the "new" 17.10 to replace my "old" 17.10. They really need to sort out the versions...

Nothing unusual to report so far. I'm going to push my luck now and go for the Creators update on the system...

I just ran the built in benchmark in Pixinsight. I'm guessing no one else has heard of it, but it is astronomical processing software. Another one of my hobbies. The built in benchmark reports 3 scores, a "total" is which some blend of the other two, which are CPU and Swap. CPU is meant to be just that, isolating the CPU from other effects. Swap is a measure of disk speed, since the data sets are so large it is unrealistic for it to be held in ram. In my uses, a typical individual image data size is over 200MB, and there can be hundreds of these.

Anyway, since this is the Ryzen thread, I have 3 scores to present, CPU only.
6700k HT off: 6453
6700k HT on: 7978
1700 SMT on: 9461

6700k is fixed at 4.2 GHz, 2666 ram. 1700 is stock (all core turbo 3.2) with 2666 ram.

So, the 1700 is "faster" than the 6700k, but not by a huge amount.

Experience with this software on Intel quads is it easily saturates the CPU. I'm about to give a test run on the 1700 and see how that goes.

I get that you have an axe to grind and all, but Windows updates have rarely broken my machines. Worse was the Win7 update that breaks Win7 updates. God that one is annoying...

I have to give you 10 of 10 on that one. LOL. But W10 updates have killed mouse scroliing (the latest) and a multitude of things. Windows 10 has broken a LOT of peripherals on a LOT of machines. The internet (and OCF) are rife with with "Windows 10 broke my *fill in the blank*. Windows 10 is a virus masquerading as an OS. For the folks who find W10 does what they want, more power to them. I'm not telling anyone to avoid it, just saying I wouldn't use it if you put a gun to my head.

Back