• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD ZEN Discussion (Previous Rumor Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Gah, you can throw your 450HP number around all you want. Means nothing if your only turning in the 350 foot pound range. I'd call it a weak 450HP. But I still don't see how HP would be anything to compare to a cpu.

While your using a 450HP gas motor (power saving on), I'll run the electric 450HP @ 0 rpm motor (power savings off) and have a race. But wait, that's not fair? A cpu goes from 800mhz to 3.8ghz in nano seconds. Still can't see a good way to compare this to your Gasser.

However the engine and processor are cooled very much the same.

So you can run air cooling and cool and quiet, I'll run full tilt with liquid cooling and just have 500WHP @ 0rpm

EDIT:

Thinking on power draw and comparing it to a car.

Car not under load at 60 mph uses less fuel than when under load (could be carrying more weight for example) it would use substantially more fuel.

Processor not under load uses less power when idle at 6000mhz than it would under a full load (using lots of transistors for compute).

Both still at the same speed.

It's 580lb-ft. We aren't talking about a Honda.

Your same comparison would have the car at 60mph making more hp and torque to the wheels when under load. That's why it consumes more fuel. Again thats how an engine works.

It's 580lb-ft. We aren't talking about a Honda.

Your same comparison would have the car at 60mph making more hp and torque to the wheels when under load. That's why it consumes more fuel. Again thats how an engine works.

Your Mitsubishi then.... whatever.

He's right and let's get this back on topic. Analogies aside. We have a GD area if you want to continue the car talk.

Asus B350+

If you're looking to push to the max, though, you'll want to go for one of the better x370 models.

Take a look at the ASRock AB350 Pro4 and ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4. If you look closely, the components are 99% the same and they use the same BIOS. The AB350 Pro4 is $20 cheaper and doesn't have the annoying (to me) red lights. The mATX version, the ASRock AB350M Pro4 has the same power circuitry in an mATX size.

Thanks y'all

Back