• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD ZEN Discussion (Previous Rumor Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If it's doing and passing thing's like that it's very Respectable, Realizing how huge of jump from PD that is.

Muscles!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhaaaaahhhhh!!

The Old Spice does his thing. Some appreciations are always welcome.

FLEX!!! AAAAhhhhhhhhahahhahahhhhhh!

Oh. Here's a link to some information about Ryzen overclocking. Has some links and some memory compatibility. A work in progress. When I has time, it gets updates and additions. Strictly for ease of access.

http://warp9-systems.proboards.com/thread/356/amd-ryzen-overclocking-information

1866cb41003200cl16.png

cbgpu112-35stockwithpowerlimit.png

Found out the ram does CL14, cinebench scores didn't change with the tighter timings

3990valley4100-2100.png

3dmark6748.png

Good deal at Microcenter - 1700X reduced to $370 with $50 off any AM4 motherboard in stock.

1866cb41003200cl16.png

cbgpu112-35stockwithpowerlimit.png

Found out the ram does CL14, cinebench scores didn't change with the tighter timings

3990valley4100-2100.png

3dmark6748.png

I'm noticing my 6700k/1070 combo (with slower RAM) beats the Valley score (4034)

edit: I see a difference in settings I missed. Update to follow.

Update: And still ahead. Adjusted my score to reflect Extreme HD setting.

Last edited:
So fun little 'butt-dyno' type of testing. I finally got around to playing WH40K Eternal Crusade again. My FX based system would choke on the larger maps with higher player counts. No issues what so ever on the Ryzen.

(Aside: butt-dyno: estimating performance in a very unscientific means, IE how it feels. Usually reserved for auto applications such as: I just put a fart-can on my Civic and now it's faaaaaast!)

Ran this the other night on 2c water. I managed to get a 1958 run also at 43xx but the ss was corrupted.
cine15,1948.PNG

So fun little 'butt-dyno' type of testing. I finally got around to playing WH40K Eternal Crusade again. My FX based system would choke on the larger maps with higher player counts. No issues what so ever on the Ryzen.

(Aside: butt-dyno: estimating performance in a very unscientific means, IE how it feels. Usually reserved for auto applications such as: I just put a fart-can on my Civic and now it's faaaaaast!)

Lol. You crack me up man. Just did 8.5mm super conductors and Bosch plugs. Smooth as a babies behind.... right where we leave rice burners :D

Lol. You crack me up man. Just did 8.5mm super conductors and Bosch plugs. Smooth as a babies behind.... right where we leave rice burners :D
You've never owned a car that could have beat my rice burner. Don't hate because I have half the cylinders you do and could still walk you on 1/8, 1/4, and especially a race track. :p

You've never owned a car that could have beat my rice burner. Don't hate because I have half the cylinders you do and could still walk you on 1/8, 1/4, and especially a race track. :p

Hmmm, that sounds like a bench racing challenge.....I would have bet on my Charger 1/8 and 1/4 mile. Change directions? Not so much. LOL Although, my rice burners didn't weigh over 500 lbs. With me on some of them. LOL

Oh look....a gearhead **** swinging contest. :clap:
WAIT!...lemme smudge some grease on my t-shirt and light a Marlboro.

Oh look....a gearhead **** swinging contest. :clap:

Sorry... I like power how can I make it.. which was with my Si. Seriously though... a lot of muscle would beat my boosted Si...

Anyway, i dont care if he has owned something faster... it's easy, actually. Just hate ignorant "ricer" comments like that so... poked the bear. I don't wish to continue, however.

Back