• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD ZEN Discussion (Previous Rumor Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
im not rich but if it actually makes a real difference i can find a way. the idea of 8 cores at 4.5ghz sounds cool but not if they don't do anything. i'm trying to rationalize somehow. i'm thinking i won't feel a difference but i feel like i've seen posts in the past by people with older generations of amd processors that swear the system feels faster than intel even though benchmarks are lower. if amd tech has some kind of multi tasking magic that makes slower cpus feel faster i can only imagine what it's like with all dat horse powa.

Or you could sell your 5820k, all stoc (CPU+MoBo) for $500 and grab a 1700+mobo ;)

New toy with no money out of your pocket: (misinformed) people will always buy Intel! :D

Edit: thinking about it at the moment... Anyone interested in a [email protected]/1.325v RB stable? :D

You have no real reason to upgrade, bump your CPU to 4.5 and move on.
i'm scared to go over 80c and not a fan of water. as soon as an air cooler smaller than a microwave comes out that can keep me under 80c at 1.3v+ i'm in.

- - - Updated - - -

Or you could sell your 5820k, all stoc (CPU+MoBo) for $500 and grab a 1700+mobo ;)

New toy with no money out of your pocket: (misinformed) people will always buy Intel! :D

Edit: thinking about it at the moment... Anyone interested in a [email protected]/1.325v RB stable? :D
you're making too much sense. maybe this could work. i also like the idea of intel getting whipped for gouging everyone for so long. i hope they do it to nvidia too. b@$tards.

i'm scared to go over 80c and not a fan of water. as soon as an air cooler smaller than a microwave comes out that can keep me under 80c at 1.3v+ i'm in.

- - - Updated - - -

you're making too much sense. maybe this could work. i also like the idea of intel getting whipped for gouging everyone for so long. i hope they do it to nvidia too. b@$tards.

This, I got my 5820k just after KabyLake launch. Did not pay too much for it and got a golden CPU. But I like MAD CPU's, fun to overclock (heck, my first OC experiment was a 955BE, bong cooled, see pic ;)!). Happy I'll invest a few hundreds in an AMD CPU/MoBo combo soon!

bong.jpeg

in fairness to intel they do make a damn fine cpu. i just feel bad for people that just spent over a grand on an 8 or 10 core. the 5820k was a good buy IMO. they just need to come back to earth on their high end.

http://wccftech.com/intel-amd-price-war-ryzen-processors/

Looks like Intel is dropping prices on ALL processors XD

@tir... That's a nice bong. Don't tell me you can clear that thing in one pull.. :rofl:

Now stuffs getting real... Do I wait for the AMD 4C/8T, or finagle an Intel setup. Gotta sell my old stuff first either way... By then y'all should have your 8 cores, and you can let us know how they stack up to Intel's Turbo boost (yeah I went there.... Y'all did it to me....) [emoji14]

Now stuffs getting real... Do I wait for the AMD 4C/8T, or finagle an Intel setup. Gotta sell my old stuff first either way... By then y'all should have your 8 cores, and you can let us know how they stack up to Intel's Turbo boost (yeah I went there.... Y'all did it to me....) [emoji14]

I wait a bit: want ton know if those Ryzen are binned. If yes, I'll go for 1800x. If not, it will be a 1700...

I wait a bit: want ton know if those Ryzen are binned. If yes, I'll go for 1800x. If not, it will be a 1700...
I already know, I'm gonna get the 1400x, but now, depending on reviews, and cause the Intel prices falling a bit, I'm kinda looking at those 6700k's. Not looking to go crazy on clock speed anyways, hell, I might even be happy with factory clocks on it and save on the heat in my office (no AC = uncomfortable office when gaming in the summer)...

waiting is a good idea. there's always hype with amd launches and historically disappointment shortly follows. ryzen seems like the real deal this time but by now amd is the boy that cried wolf. i'll let you guys buy it first and see what happens.

Back