• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD ZEN Discussion (Previous Rumor Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's really cool for people who just bought Skylake, KabyLake and Broadwell-E CPU's: the resell value just dropped by 30% overnight! You have to love Intel!

I want to know if AMD will have good motherboards at a low price for overclocking that won't throttle, so I'm not forever in the forums telling people they purchased the wrong motherboard that will throttle. Also I want to know if AMD will fix the memory problems on Ryzen.

- - - Updated - - -

That's really cool for people who just bought Skylake, KabyLake and Broadwell-E CPU's: the resell value just dropped by 30% overnight! You have to love Intel!

Intel has not dropped the price yet, retailers are dropping the price.

I want to know if AMD will have good motherboards at a low price for overclocking that won't throttle, so I'm not forever in the forums telling people they purchased the wrong motherboard that will throttle. Also I want to know if AMD will fix the memory problems on Ryzen.

- - - Updated - - -

Intel has not dropped the price yet retailer are dropping the price.

Wingman, you should go on throttle therapy! :D

It just WORKS! Why do you think Intel dropped their price so much? They have inside info, and they are trying to salvage what they can.

No worries on throttling with a 95W CPU! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Ooo yes, Intel will give money back to the retailers...

You were lucky.
Want me to send you a handful of non 4 gig'ers?
If that offer is open to anyone we should talk. I want to practice delidding but can't risk killing my cpu, and spares too costly for more than 1 mistake

- - - Updated - - -

That is just the first chip to fall..... once the reviews get out on Thurs and people start seeing the reports of the 1 step overclock easily topping Intel, many more chips will fall and price war begins in 2017.

Ordered a 1800x today, will be playing on March 2nd I hope.

I'm contemplating a 1700X, kinda hung up on the motherboard right now though ...... Asus 370 Prime or Asrock Killer / Asrock Fatality Gaming K4, was contemplating the Gigabyte Gaming 5 MATX but I just can't get myself to go there at $275 when you can get the Crosshair for $320. I would prefer the Crosshair but thats not in the budget right now. As it is I have to sell some stuff first so I won't be in on the first batch of buyers.

Can not wait to get my hands on these Thursday morning, haven't ungraded in years and ordered 1 of each processor from Microcenter so I can do individual comparisons for each myself on Thursday, haven't picked a board yet but will probably grab 370 Prime for now.

Can not wait to get my hands on these Thursday morning, haven't ungraded in years and ordered 1 of each processor from Microcenter so I can do individual comparisons for each myself on Thursday, haven't picked a board yet but will probably grab 370 Prime for now.

Nice.....

If all else fails, I love the excitement that this release is causing.

I think Sandy was the last time there was really any hype about a CPU release.

As things start to get real for Intel, revert back to the good ol'e days for them once again....... this is a post that every enthusiast should take note of.... from article -

"AMD are still scared Intel will outspend, outflank and outmuscle Ryzen" pcgamesn

intel tactics r back.JPG intel p2.JPG

Last edited:
As things start to get real for Intel, revert back to the good ol'e days for them once again....... this is a post that every enthusiast should take note of.... from article -

"AMD are still scared Intel will outspend, outflank and outmuscle Ryzen" pcgamesn

View attachment 188491View attachment 188492
If this is legit it's sickening. If you're not innovative enough to keep the CPU market interesting then let someone else step in. Intel have even said they're more concerned about I/O these days, such as working with thunderbolt, improving m.2, USB 3, etc than their processors. AMD has plenty of interesting things on Ryzen. The XFR in particular is very intriguing to me.

Though it's cool to see AMD have scared Intel this much.

Wingman, you should go on throttle therapy! :D

It just WORKS! Why do you think Intel dropped their price so much? They have inside info, and they are trying to salvage what they can.

No worries on throttling with a 95W CPU! ;)

Newegg and Amazon did not drop there price on i7 7700k.:p

The reported Microcenter price cuts arent real. For example "Intel Core i5-6600K ($179 US) – $$90 Price Cut", I bought a 6600k from Microcenter in December and it was $199. That is a $20 price cut and was before Kaby Lake was released so I would expect a price cut from Kaby Lake

That is why its smart to buy stuff with a price match credit card. I just got my 7700k I bought 4 weeks ago, price matched to this weeks $299 micro center price.

Back