• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD ZEN Discussion (Previous Rumor Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nearly all boards which I saw so far look like for budget gaming builds or are generally from cheaper series. I hope there will be more boards designed for overclocking as now most look like toys. Simply Z270 motherboards have better design, even these cheaper.
Hard to say what these CPUs will really need for overclocking so they won't be limited by motherboards.

Nearly all boards which I saw so far look like for budget gaming builds or are generally from cheaper series. I hope there will be more boards designed for overclocking as now most look like toys. Simply Z270 motherboards have better design, even these cheaper.
Hard to say what these CPUs will really need for overclocking so they won't be limited by motherboards.

I've seen a couple of higher boards. Namely ASRock with an 18-phase VRM X370 board that's fully loaded with features.

I think we're out of step here with replies. I'll take ATMINSIDE's word over possibly mis-hearing the other video.

I want AMD to release a paper on this information.

Attachments

• 2017-AMD-at-CES-Ryzen-04-1140x641.jpg
    2017-AMD-at-CES-Ryzen-04-1140x641.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 106
Auto raise max clocks by detecting your premium cooling. Interesting, but seems to take away the fun from the word over-clocking.

Fun sponge software :rofl:

Auto raise max clocks by detecting your premium cooling. Interesting, but seems to take away the fun from the word over-clocking.

I'm sure you'll have the option to turn it off in the bios. It's really no different than anybody else's auto overclock software.

Can't wait to get those official benchmarks from people that aren't on AMD's payroll. But why do I get the feeling we're going to be disappointed?

From what I gathered today, it isn't software. Looks to come from the hardware itself as a BIOS level function. They also mentioned frequency for turbo will auto adjust at 25MHz increments instead of 100MHz increments.

Can't wait to get those official benchmarks from people that aren't on AMD's payroll. But why do I get the feeling we're going to be disappointed?

I'm not on payroll at AMD. No official benchmarks, but I can tell you without hesitation I can't feel a difference side by side with a 6900K when using an 8-core 3.4GHz Ryzen CPU.

But why do I get the feeling we're going to be disappointed?

Two reasons. AMD's somewhat iffy track record of enthusiasm over performance in pre release, and your parents already had the Santa talk with you. If your parents did NOT have the Santa talk with you, ignore that part. Means nothing. LOL

I don't think many will be dissapointed.

If I wasn't at a sponsored party getting shmammered.... more (but limited) details would he shared. :)

But we played on a Ryzen cpu and intel cpu with the same gpu clocked the same on the cpu and there was virtually no difference in fps. Obviously we couldn't empirically test, but... yeah.

From what I gathered today, it isn't software. Looks to come from the hardware itself as a BIOS level function. They also mentioned frequency for turbo will auto adjust at 25MHz increments instead of 100MHz increments.

I'm not on payroll at AMD. No official benchmarks, but I can tell you without hesitation I can't feel a difference side by side with a 6900K when using an 8-core 3.4GHz Ryzen CPU.

Amazing. That's all any one needs to read right here. Thanks for sharing.

I don't think many will be dissapointed.

If I wasn't at a sponsored party getting shmammered.... more (but limited) details would he shared. :)

But we played on a Ryzen cpu and intel cpu with the same gpu clocked the same on the cpu and there was virtually no difference in fps. Obviously we couldn't empirically test, but... yeah.

What Video card were they using?

Was watching that before this thread... interesting to see a dev card. So, how many are trying to work out the cabling under the creases on that tape? :)

Back