• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD ZEN Discussion (Previous Rumor Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Intel guys, not worth chewing your balls! Be pragmatic and enjoy the competition!

Always interesting to see how people justify their orientation...

It's really disheartening to see Intel up to their old tricks. I hope this isn't a repeat of the socket 939 days where AMD had a superior product but couldn't gain market share because of Intel's illegal business practices.

I plan on getting one of these 8 core chips in mid to late March. I'll have time to see bench results and that's when I get my annual bonus from work. I'm looking forward to making use of those cores in photo editing and encoding.

Wingman, you should go on throttle therapy! :D

It just WORKS! Why do you think Intel dropped their price so much? They have inside info, and they are trying to salvage what they can.

No worries on throttling with a 95W CPU! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Based on this statement here: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...-ZEN-Rumours?p=7995894&viewfull=1#post7995894

I'm taking a wait and see approach regarding the throttling/VRMs. Now it could be FUD, but knowing the issues people had overclocking higher-core AMD chips on the previous generation I wouldn't rule it out until reviews are launched and the public have access to the chips.

As I said before, I found it to be quite boring to only be able to recommend 3 motherboards if a person wanted an octo-core last generation. Here's hoping it isn't an issue.

Anyone just notice their pre-order for your mobo got delayed?

So this could be a tactical play by these companies. Maybe the reviewers bitched enough that they reworked the boards for better performance?

Maybe the reviewers bitched enough that they reworked the boards for better performance?

I really doubt it. Production would have to be in full swing at this point. They aren't going to just throw all those boards away.

Last edited:

So this could be a tactical play by these companies. Maybe the reviewers bitched enough that they reworked the boards for better performance?

Do you think they could update all the boxed motherboards with Bios?

They delayed my certain A board. I wont have it until Monday now for a Monday deadline. Dbags. Things like this frustrate me greatly.

BTW, it is standard practice to do reworks after boards come off the line. Reworks are bug fixes or the like on the motherboard. You don't have to remake an entire board if you can do simple fixes to make it work correctly. A new BIOS could also happen as well. It does take a bit of time to redo all these boards so thats probably why certain ones are coming out earlier than others.

Did you ever have a confirmed date? Looking at the pre-order places in the UK, it is a mixed bag of expected availability dates, so much so it looks like they just made it all up and I don't believe any of them.

As I said earlier, I've already snagged a 1800x W/CHVI-H.

Now as ED stated in another thread :) If you have a CPU with a base clock of 2.0ghz and you can OC it to 4.0ghz = 100% overclock ????

Now if you take the 3.4ghz R7 1700X (This is the processor used the most) and OC it to (If Mr.Scott is correct) 6+ghz = 90~95% overclock???

I never said 6+. I said best I saw personally was a little over 5 gig, which has already been outed by the 5.2 screenie.
I'll go back and quote it here if you like, but 6+ never came out of my mouth.
I did say I'd like to see 6+ on later versions, but that don't mean it'll happen.

52% IPC gain? Is the the real life or is this just fantasy?

Welp.... AMD Grand Slam

I was also looking at those prices at Microcenter Why are they so high? Newegg's had them cheaper for god knows how long

Back