• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD ZEN Discussion (Previous Rumor Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As of yet there's no 40-lane R7, so there's not much point in a boatload of expansion slots. I'm hoping they make one soonish so I can replace my 5930k without losing I/O capacity.

I have not seen any benchmarks where 40 PCI-E lane benefits compared 28 PCI-E lane.

Last edited:
As of yet there's no 40-lane R7, so there's not much point in a boatload of expansion slots. I'm hoping they make one soonish so I can replace my 5930k without losing I/O capacity.

Your system listed could be plugged into a $100 entry level board? Why all the expansion needed?

Sounded juicy....but just more clickbait from the usual website.

They asked us if 'we were covering the release' and 'wanted a statement from Intel'. I said yes, and haven't heard back...

Taxes in Phoenix are at 9%. Some towns out here have a total 13% sales tax. Counties and municipalities are allowed to just pile on the state tax. Along with city income taxes and state income taxes. Sucks most of any savings right out of having a Fry's in town.
Yes, alaric, there are exceptions as I alluded to. One is Arizona... have a cookie. For the most part, MC pricing is cheaper as was stated.

Last edited:
Returns are easy at Microcenter also - no questions asked, no restocking fees, no cost to ship it back.

Sounded juicy....but just more clickbait from the usual website.

Apparantly this was also mentioned on page 107 in post 2131 and sourced on post 2133 if that adds anything, but I agree that it seems like there is a lot of speculation going on and possibly making more of it than it is. It seems like there is evidence to suggest that Intel's PR have sent out *some* kind of emails in response to the upcoming release, but whether they contain anything questionable or actionable seems unlikely to me.

Apparantly this was also mentioned on page 107 in post 2131 and sourced on post 2133 if that adds anything, but I agree that it seems like there is a lot of speculation going on and possibly making more of it than it is. It seems like there is evidence to suggest that Intel's PR have sent out *some* kind of emails in response to the upcoming release, but whether they contain anything questionable or actionable seems probably unlikely to me.

I would think that any communication that Intel has sent out was vetted by the legal department quite thoroughly.

Companies do not like losing market share. I would expect Intel to be doing something proactive with regards to protecting their interests.

While waiting for more comprehensive benchmarks, it is certain Ryzen will be strong in certain areas, but not all of them. Intel marketing will be looking to make sure people don't forget the differences, so people don't get the incorrect impression that Ryzen is going to be better at everything.

I was referring to their previous actions. I didn't see anything this time at all. Sending a couple emails out doesn't really sound all that nefarious. The compiler deal was over 10 years ago, but it was some dirty stuff. It amounted to flat out lying to the public by rigging the game.Bad stuff.

Intel's compilers were written to specifically cripple AMD processors performance, without telling the people they sold them to. Their code lied about the competition's performance. It was really foul. Intel has a long history of playing dirty. That doesn't mean their stuff is inferior, just that they're dishonest. LOL

This is the kind of stuff that happens when we run out of Ryzen rumors. Speaking of which, shouldn't we be seeing some third party benchmarks tomorrow?

Ha! I love it

You work for Intel by chance?
I wish, but alas, I am merely a lowly electrical engineering intern at a local company that specializes in RF communications!

Been around for a few years.... My perception of corporations is very dark indeed. Even think the same would happen if AMD was in Intel's position [emoji14]

Back