• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD ZEN Discussion (Previous Rumor Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, we're not talking about a Phenom in this thread, but about a $300 CPU that crushes its Intel $600 counterpart ... (Sorry Captain Scotty :D).

All leaked benchmarks show the same thing: get more performance with half or third of your INtel muney! :D

And I am happy, because I gave the blue team money enough the past 5 years!!!

My Intel cost the same as the amd 6 cores...new in the box from Intel. If they can't keep up with broadwell-e what's the plan when skylake-e hits the market? Cut costs even more and claim "it's better for the money" companies can't exist playing the value game. AMD should know that they have been trying it for almost 10 years now.

My Intel cost the same as the amd 6 cores...new in the box from Intel. If they can't keep up with broadwell-e what's the plan when skylake-e hits the market? Cut costs even more and claim "it's better for the money" companies can't exist playing the value game. AMD should know that they have been trying it for almost 10 years now.

Yes AMD stock has been very low the last 5 years. https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=amd+stock+price

AMD stock has been a joke for years...

amd-lol.png

and it appears zen has made no dent in intel stock

intel.png

I don't believe any of the leaks.
Cautiously optimistic I'm being.
I have no doubt that AMD has a winner here, but being an Intel killer has yet to be proven to anybody.

Just come forth with the goods Scotty. We know your secrets.

Let's be optimistic at 10% lower IPC than Intel per core. The SMT Multitasking makes up for it.

Gather it scales decently with Overclocking, while DDR4 at home numbers to be seen.

Motherboard Makes Asus Gigabyte and AsRock should have decent boards as they always do.

Games Like Haswell at a give or take 5%, I for one would be pretty happy with the adventure of a new AMD Ryzen processor.... even if it's just 4/8 :D

Isn't Intel going to release their 10nm Canonlake soon? And won't that outperform the Ryzen?

Due to yield issues with the process shrink to 10nm, Cannon Lake has been delayed until the second half of 2017 with "volume in the first half of [2018]". So it looks like an AMD-like partial release this year.

Well AMD always advertised 40% increased IPC from Bulldozer, that would put Ryzen ROUGHLY in line with Haswell/Skylake no ? I'm all for wait and see but they did promise and said often enough that they hit their target. I know politicians BS but were all hopefull :)

im definitely going to look at the baby 4c chip when it finally arrives, im tired of my "6c" 6300 :D

Kaby lake already outperforms Ryzen.

With equal cores/threads probably, but the highest end Kaby Lake is the 4C/8T i7-770K. And all AMD Ryzens coming out now are 8C/16T so they will win, even with a modest OC, vs. 4C/8T Kaby Lake CPUs even OC'ing to 5 GHz. We will have to wait until whenever AMD releases the R5 4C/8T and R3 4C/4T CPUs to see benches directly vs. Kaby Lake.

With equal cores/threads probably, but the highest end Kaby Lake is the 4C/8T i7-770K. And all AMD Ryzens coming out now are 8C/16T so they will win, even with a modest OC, vs. 4C/8T Kaby Lake CPUs OC'ing to 5 GHz. We will have to wait until whenever AMD releases the R5 4C/8T and R3 4C/4T CPUs to see benches directly vs. Kaby Lake.
My beef with this is there is always some who will say: "but games dont use all cores!" It is very likely that person doesn't use their computer for transcoding video, at least not a major amount of the time. It depends on the applications a user does to really say the apple is better than the orange. Hence why most people compare a 4C/8T to another of the same type.

My beef with this is there is always some who will say: "but games dont use all cores!" It is very likely that person doesn't use their computer for transcoding video, at least not a major amount of the time. It depends on the applications a user does to really say the apple is better than the orange. Hence why most people compare a 4C/8T to another of the same type.
So.....ask the masses. There are people here that have X99 rigs and 5960X's and 6950X's for their daily rigs. Why not ask what they do with them.
Also, ask why they wouldn't like the same thing at 1/3 the cost.

Back