• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED AMD ZEN Discussion (Previous Rumor Thread)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So it's either 4/8 or 8/16 ?
So this site is saying there is only 2 modules, each having 4 cores and only a single module can be shut off at a time.

I can't imagine only two offerings, besides having a bunch of quads at different clock speeds, the same with the octo core cpus.

If this is going to be like FX, get the lowest binned chip and OC it to a higher clock speed and they are all essentially the same.

I'm getting the fast one XD
I still see four SKUs.. 8c/16t, 8c/8t, 4c/8t, 4c/4t..

That new Crosshair looks amazing. I can't wait to have my hands on that board. :D

That new Crosshair VI Hero looks amazing. I can't wait to have my hands on that board. :D

ME TOO :) I just wonder how long it will take me before I break it :)

???? I didn't see any other MB's that had an extra 4pin/8pin CPU connector.

It looks pretty much the same as last M8 Hero ... with these ugly plastic covers. On the other hand AMD never had something like that.
I just hope that real premiere including store availability will be in a month. Not paper with 1 month delay in delivery.

From the amount of talk, there is a lot of pent up demand. Good or bad, they're going to shift a lot of them initially. Don't know if they can build up enough buffer stock.

That new Crosshair looks amazing. I can't wait to have my hands on that board. :D

Looks like something 18 year old's in their folks basement would think is cool Dolk.

It looks pretty much the same as last M8 Hero ... with these ugly plastic covers. On the other hand AMD never had something like that.
I just hope that real premiere including store availability will be in a month. Not paper with 1 month delay in delivery.

I agree. Get rid of the plastic crap.

Blah. Why would AMD skip 6 core chips? That's just plain dumb in my unwanted opinion.

Look I'm coming off the 8 cores to jump the bandwagon for more threads. The LEAST AMD would think to do would offer something in the middle. Already have 8 threads damn it. The point to spend good money is to have a few more threads to work with.

Calling BS on the 6 core parts. It's just dumb to not produce these.

300$ - 4c8t
400$ - 6c12t
500$ - 8c16t

It's just too easy. The chips programming would just hide/shut off 2 cores. Be like turning off SMT on EarthDog's SKU list here. "I still see four SKUs.. 8c/16t, 8c/8t, 4c/8t, 4c/4t.."

More product = more money.

But hey, If they don't who am I to complain. Shell out extra 100 for 4 extra threads. F'it why not?!

There's no way they'd skip 6 cores. Skylake-X is coming out and Intel have said there'll be a 6 core 12 thread chip from them. Plus if the 6800k drops in price due to the 7800k or whatever it'll be called it might be more compelling to buy that instead of a quad core i7 or 4c/8t from AMD. That's money AMD would be missing out on. Even if it's just a non hyper-threaded one that's still a potential bridge between 4c/8t and the 6800/7800.

Well, if true, it's extremely difficult to get 6 cores as the modules come in quad and you can't seem to shut off part of it.....according to the links above..

Well, if true, it's extremely difficult to get 6 cores as the modules come in quad and you can't seem to shut off part of it.....according to the links above..

AMD could shut off 2c with software?? They had the 6xxx series GPU (??) that could be hacked to enable all of the GPU. They could cut 2c once they have the yield issue under control???
If they can bring in a 8c/16t @ or under 95w. Could they also release a 12c/24t under 130w or would this be on the server side????

My opinion is my own and do not represent the Staff of Overclckers.com or Person(s) that may actually understand what the HELL I'm trying to say :)

8+4 Power is also on MSI high end board. I believe ASUS and MSI are the only two so far to support such high end VRM rails.

Back