• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want to build a computer with Win D-frame...but my budget is $1500.. Possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sniperm, just an FYI any rig you build for gaming will be able to handle all the programs running for trading. Just make sure you have plenty of Ram for the multiple windows, scanners, charting software, trading software etc... you will be using. You also do not need a high horsepower Gpu such as a GTX 980 for the trading, but if you're going to use it for gaming it will work just fine.

Okay.. Ill look more into monitors..

How about the computer build?

I know I want i7 , win dframe case, gtx 980, window 7... but not sure about the Ram,PSU,motherboard,ssd

The only D-Frame I can find in stock anywhere is the mini. That's only for mITX, which means you can't run multiple GPUs.

No, they show that in the full size D-Frame. The mini takes a motherboard that only has one PCIe slot.

Yes.. I alwayz buy gaming computers.. cuz I Asume if it can handle games.. it can handle other tasks..

I picked the gtx 980.. b/c of the monitors I wanted to get.. and I knew I would add another or 2 cards down the road.. Im watching my screen from 7am to 4pm... so might as well get something nice... I dont really change computers unless it breaks or gets a virus..

and for gaming...I only know how to play diablo 3... alwayz wanted to try battle games... but never really got into it yet... maybe after the build battle field? or counter strike... <---- (do ppl play this game these days?)
Totally understand why you want the GTX 980, when I'm looking to help someone build a rig I always have saving them money in mind. I also know what it's like to stare at monitors all day, I'll been trading for 20 years in December.

Put something together minus the case because I found the same as Atminside the D frame is Itx.
http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/
+ since you live near a Microcenter.
Capture.PNG

Totally understand why you want the GTX 980, when I'm looking to help someone build a rig I always have saving them money in mind. I also know what it's like to stare at monitors all day, I'll been trading for 20 years in December.

Put something together minus the case because I found the same as Atminside the D frame is Itx.
http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/
+ since you live near a Microcenter.

Yo, Manny, you used the wrong link.

No, they show that in the full size D-Frame. The mini takes a motherboard that only has one PCIe slot.

Sorry.. my computer went dumb again...

Oh.. Im confused now.. ah.. all those build vids was a different frame....

Maybe ill wait for them to come in?

Oh Cool!

Vet Trader!

I started last year December... my mind is set now.. "Learn the Art... or Die trying.." Lol

btw, I have seen some computer builds.. why do gamers use that CPU? over the new i7 5930?

is that the Iv bridge thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry.. my computer went dumb again...

Oh.. Im confused now.. ah.. all those build vids was a different frame....

Maybe ill wait for them to come in?

I doubt they will, honestly. They've been out for a couple of years now and I don't think they sold very many.

Oh meng!

Its been a couple years they been out of it?? Are they dumb... looks like its a hot seller.. all the other case they sell looks ugly and straight out of a movie..

Oh meng!

Its been a couple years they been out of it?? Are they dumb... looks like its a hot seller.. all the other case they sell looks ugly and straight out of a movie..

They didn't sell well because they were $400.......

There are plenty of decent cases that aren't $400. My 750D is amazing, and Corsair makes a ton more. NZXT is another good one, along with Cooler Master, and another probably 20 manufacturers. If you want something totally original, you can spend a lot less than $400.

Thanx..Ill look into that..

I just never saw a case that made me want to build a computer..

I saw a case that I like recently other then the Win... it some kinda china name..Lai lane? but dont like how they use some kinda extension for the Gpu.. but the case looks very clean..

Those are both mITX as well, they hold that same mini motherboard I was talking about earlier.

You need to pick a case for an ATX motherboard if you're planning on multi GPU

Sniper, when choosing a case, they all say what size board it can hold. Make sure you look at that information...

Back