• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Controller 5/7/12v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaymz9350

The final piece I'm looking for to finish up is a fan controller. What I'd really like is something with just a simple 5/7/12v toggle but not sure if that exists. My case has a single switch like that built in and I find I liked it better than the last controller I used (sunbeam rheostat) but I'm not sure how many fans it can take without melting something as I can't find any wattage specs.

beyond that what I need is the ability to control 6 radiator fans and 2 case fans with voltage control.

That's exactly what I'm not looking for. I think I remember seeing one with a 3 position rocker switch before but that was quite a few years ago.

The radiator fans combined only tally up to around 16 watts and I doubt the case fans draw much either (stick fans from a Fractal R4). I guess on a side note does anyone know how much draw the switch in that case can handle, I'm only looking at ~20 watts total

Fractal design define R4 is a beautiful case, i remember helping a friend pick out that case at Micro center about 2 year ago.
If i remember it correctly than that case have a 40w fan controller and can support 3 12v fan, but then, i could be wrong, it have been 2 year :)

Well I did finally manage to find the specs on their site, 15 watts.

I wouldn't trust anything made by Logisys to control power... at all...

Look at NZXT or Lamptron for fan controllers.

Don't worry if I go that route I'll most likely grab a Lamptron lol.

Then again I may figure out how to DIY a switch can't be too hard to make someting that can handle 20 watts and really I only need one switch.

Back