• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Water Loop (2) Titan X SLI + i7 4770K ... Questions & Suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have no idea about watercooling but since you said your case was maxed out maybe some other component is heating up the CPU.. Also, I want to get Titan X SLI as well. What parts did you get? I will get the EK-Kit X360 for my 5960X

I cant really work out which way the layout is, could you specify how the loop is connected up?

I am guessing. Pump > 360 Rad > Titans > 140 rad > CPU and back to pump?

Until confirmed i'll hold back with change ideas.

But what I can say is that the titans will put out heat from the top, and combined it may be a fair bit. That heat is moving right up and heating up the 140mm rad.

Another thing, which case is that? To me it seems like your not using the space very well at the front. Seems like the bracket holding the fans, could fit between the rad and the fans, putting the fans closer to the front, giving space for a push/pull setup, which would give more air movement inside the case as well.

:welcome: to OCFs, first and foremost.

You're temps aren't so bad tbh. You're already OCing your CPU and have x2 250w GPUs in the mix with a 120.4 amount of rad. My question I would ask is what is your ambient and water temps is while doing some benchmarks. That's when you'll know if exactly you're running it all efficient enough but in all honestly, you're temps aren't that bad at all.

:welcome: to OCFs, first and foremost.

You're temps aren't so bad tbh. You're already OCing your CPU and have x2 250w GPUs in the mix with a 120.4 amount of rad. My question I would ask is what is your ambient and water temps is while doing some benchmarks. That's when you'll know if exactly you're running it all efficient enough but in all honestly, you're temps aren't that bad at all.
This... spot on.

On a side note, loop order wont do much of anything considering that with a properly radded and flowing loop water temperatures wont vary more than a degree or two. ;)

Agreed with the others, that's a great build and your temps are pretty solid for the amount of raddage and heat being dumped into the loop.

As a side note, you should check out the benchmarking team section (link in my signature, or by clicking the banner under my name) to see what those cards can do!

I agree temps are pretty good. Remember, with the H80i you were only dumping the cpu heat into the loop. Now you have 2 gpus (Titan Xs) plus the cpu (4770) dumping heat into a single loop.
What fans are you using on rads? You need fans with good static pressure for rads that thick.

You are also dumping all the heat from the 360 rad INTO the case. Perhaps move the fans to create push OUT of the case.

Temps would likely go up if he flipped that around. He wouldn't have the coolest air going through that radiator. You would then have two radiators using heated case air to cool instead of the smaller 120mm. ;)

Last edited:
Possibly correct. How about two exhaust fans in the roof? The reason I suspect something is the thickness of the rear 140 rad and whether or not it is pulling hot air out of the case. How about the flow of air through it? Is the EK cpu block an MX or EVO block?

From the picture, we can see the rear fan is blowing IN the case, also getting fresh air. He only has one exhaust assuming the front rad is blowing in (as it should be). Id add another top fan as exhaust and leave the rear and front fans as intake. That will get the best results as it is taking in the coldest air possible. The case internals will be a little warmer, but it will be the best for the GPU and CPU temps... regardless of what block is on it.

Last edited:
Glad to hear nothing died at least!

You did have clamps on the fittings, right?

I,use the EK acrylics and they have worked well for me.

I never was a fan of acrylic for many reasons. I like acetal better and feels its more durable.

I had an acrylic EK that cracked, no leak, but i bought a copper top for it. Replaced it with a Raystorm now, but the EK was alright, just go tired of looking at the upside down EK logo.

A leaking fitting, has nothing to do with the water block. Its a shame that you got a leak, 24 hour leak testing is always a great thing. But i will admit, i have had my share (over 8, ek 90degree fittings) that leaked.

This being my first build, I went with EK because there site was easy to understand. However, the quality of SOME of their stuff is not great. I have had several issues with fittings leaking already. I had to send one pump back because it died after 24 hours and started leaking all over my power supply.

Both incidents happened within 4 days of each other. I am lucky I was close to the computer or had taken proper precautions. I have come too close to destroying $3500 worth of components. This water cooling thing isn't for the faint-of-heart, but a bit disappointed in EK.

I have to be honest. I have made systems with EK stuff, i didnt get leaking fittings until the latest build, and i think it was because of dual pump setup, that has a lot of pressure.

The pump, well i wouldnt know, i use D5 pumps.

Seems like you have been very unlucky with parts if thats the case.

Back