• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP with Outlook 2010 - New Mobo and Processor, trying to get pst files to work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Replacement

My wife's computer was due for a mobo and processor upgrade. I replaced them and now I am working to get everything up and going again. I am having issues getting Outlook 2010 to work correctly and I am pretty sure that I did not do things correctly.
What I did was I took her SSD that had all of her programs on it and backed it up onto a HDD using HDD Raw Copy Tool and formatted the SSD to be the main drive for all of the applications including outlook 2010.
Now I have outlook 2010 installed on her computer (SSD) and tried to copy the pst files to the new folder and it keeps downloading more files. The email accounts are set up as pop3 accounts.

Another problem that I am having is that the calendar and contacts are not showing up.
How do I get these back?

I don't know a ton about computer software and could use some help.

Thanks,
Eric

I needed to do a fresh install of the OS because of the issues it was having with the new mobo and processor. I was not able to just take the back up image and go from there.

Now I am specifically asking questions about Outlook 2010 and pst files along with the contacts and calendar info. I didn't think that previous thread would get me the answers that I was looking for due to the title.
It seems that outlook is more unique than other programs as far as pst files go and wanted specific help with outlook.

Win 7 Pro 64 bit

Samsung EVO 500 GB SSD
Toshiba 3TB HDD
Asrock Extreme 77 mobo
Intel I7 Processor
Office 2010 Pro Plus
16 GB of Ram

Last edited:
Take a look at this link which shows where certain Outlook files are located. It'll be easiest to find the files you need on the HDD and copy them to the same location on the SSD. You may or may not have to import some of the files as well.

Most of the files are in C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook and you'll probably need to enable "Show Hidden Files and Folders" in Folder Options

I did that and one of the folders keeps downloading emails over and over. I was up to 155,000 before I removed that account and reloaded it. Now I keep having to cancel the send/receive.
Any idea on how to prevent that from happening?

I unchecked the box that keeps the email on the server and now it gets hung up in send/receive on that email account. THere are other email accounts that are working just fine in 2010 outlook.

I believe that the repeat emails is an issue with the email server. I am going to call them tomorrow unless someone else has some ideas in the meanwhile.

Back