• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grand Theft Auto V PC Specs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My rig, averaging around 70-80fps, dips down to 50 on occasion.

Apparently this game doesn't like sli/xfire yet, but I imagine they will fix that at some point.

i've ran it on my system that has a 2700k 16gb ram and 2 660's in SLI and also on my system that has a 2600k and 16gb ram along with 2 560ti's. all 2gb cards and it runs just fine..it's running the default settings plus a few tweaked things in the display dept.

If I'm right then bigger problem than the FPS is now bug in the game which causes game to crash during one of the missions at about 30% of the game. I just can't get how something like this can pass beta tests.

If I'm right then bigger problem than the FPS is now bug in the game which causes game to crash during one of the missions at about 30% of the game. I just can't get how something like this can pass beta tests.

R* can be pretty lacking in testing and most of the online bugs that were there at the original release are still there but much less frequent and my 2 favorite bugs so far have been:

• At the very end of heist 1 something that must spawn for you to finish doesn't spawn...happened to a sizeable number of players and took 3 patches to fix...and one of those patches broke something else
  • The timer on timed missions continues to count after you finish so if you finish delivering a car with 5 seconds left the animation of you getting out of the vehicle and the moment it takes to pop up the end of mission screen will cause it to tell you that you failed

In less detail there are still synchronization failures, there is no timeout for a disconnect on the drop in screen between missions and server splits where a full server kicks every player to their own empty server still happen but they're all becoming quite rare.

Coming back more to the topic though.....this article is a good starting point for those looking to tweak. It's not as detailed as it could be but it's a good starting point.

AMD has problems with this game. Could be due to Rockstar having done little testing on AMD hardware or AMD driver issue.

It's been running flawless on my system

***UPDATE

So I've dabbled around with my hardware now. I have upgraded to the i7 4790k and returned both the 980 classified and put a titan x reference on order. While testing the game using my new cpu and my old 970 FTW i already notice a huge increase in performance.
Whereas before i was using both 980's and getting ****ty fps but the gpu usage was hovering around 50% I've come to the conclusion that my overclocked FX-8320 4.7Ghz was a bottleneck. Unfortunately i didn't get a chance to try the 4970k with the 980's in sli due to a 7 day 100% return policy, but its even working better with a single 970.

I've also added another 8Gb of ram and see my ram usage going as high as 7700Mb.
So the myth that games don't need over 8gb has been broken.

***UPDATE

So I've dabbled around with my hardware now. I have upgraded to the i7 4790k and returned both the 980 classified and put a titan x reference on order. While testing the game using my new cpu and my old 970 FTW i already notice a huge increase in performance.
Whereas before i was using both 980's and getting ****ty fps but the gpu usage was hovering around 50% I've come to the conclusion that my overclocked FX-8320 4.7Ghz was a bottleneck. Unfortunately i didn't get a chance to try the 4970k with the 980's in sli due to a 7 day 100% return policy, but its even working better with a single 970.

I've also added another 8Gb of ram and see my ram usage going as high as 7700Mb.
So the myth that games don't need over 8gb has been broken.

I got the same max ram usage when I was playing around with the settings this was with an X5650 at 4.8 and a 7970 at 1300/2000. this nets me 40-70fps depending on whats going on.

Back