• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking ring bus?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jrok96

hello guys, i have read so many conflicting views on ring bus? should you mess with it or not? I am using asus z97.ar board with 4690k and ive heard that asus' auto rules keep things pretty accurate, but would like some other opinions from you guys. Is this something you would really only use if your at the point where your chip wont seem to go any further and stay stable? Are there any recent guides on properly adjusting these settings (like in the last 12 months)? I've heard keeping the clock around 300 mhz under your core multiplier is a good idea is this true? also what voltages ect.

Auto is fine. In most things it doesn't improve performance so I wouldn't sweat it.

See our Haswell Guide (link in signature) for some details.

Yeah I've used the guide and its very accurate. it just doesn't get into the vring. I just was wondering if it should be overcooked with the cores. It obviously stays at 39 which is the max turbo setting to begin with. I was wondering if increasing it would help pass stress tests at higher clocks such as 48 and up.

I don't touch it... there are little to no performance gains out of it in most cases anyway. I haven't run into stability issues with it either 4.5 ghz cpu to 3k ring bus...

Back