• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do i have enough Rad space??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
check out Bitfenix Spectre Pros the 140mm versions are what I ran on my 420/280 in my primo and 810 builds their quiet at med speeds and offer great cooling imho. I used 13 of the blue led model and I only heard my fans when I cranked it to full speed with my fan controller

CPU block EK-Supremacy MX CPU Waterblock - Custom Modded Plexi - Dragon x1
GPU block EK-FC Titan X Waterblock - Acetal or 980Ti??? x1/2
GPU backplate EK-FC Titan X Backplate - Black or 980??? x1/2
RADS Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 560mm x2
RES With OP Top EK-RES X3 250 Reservoir x2 EK-Multioption RES X3 - Multiport TOPx2
Tube PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 10ft Tubing - 3/8in. ID X 1/2in. OD - Crystal Clear x2
Coolant Mayhems X1 Blood Red Concentrate - 250ml x2
Pass Thru EK-AF Pass-Through G1/4 - Black Nickel x7
Straight fitting Alphacool 13/10 (10x1.5mm) Compression Fitting G1/4 - Chrome x XXX
45 fitting Alphacool HF 13/10 (10x1,5mm) Compression Fitting 45° Revolvable G1/4 - Chrome x XXX
90 fittings Alphacool 13/10 (10x1.5mm) Compression Fitting 90° Revolvable G1/4 - Chrome x XXX
Y fittings Bitspower Matt Black Y-Block Fitting With Triple Rotary G1/4" Ports x XXX
Pump Alphacool VPP655 Single Edition with sleeving x1
Pump top Alphacool HF D5 TOP - Black Acetal G1/4 - (VPP655/TPP644/MCP655) V.2 x1

So the Rad can change of course and the fittings numbers are a variable may switch to the pump with the block already. I plan on buying the RADs and placeing them in my system and make sure i have the right fittings i will get a few exstras of each fittings let me know what you think

If you want red color, get red tubes. Dyes are generally a no no... (see watercooling guide).

I think the red tubes look horrid. I have seen so many people use Mayhems fluids just fine and i believe i will be okay. I watch and follow the hard core water cooling guys like JaysTwoCents and others and they all use colored fluids.

Also that does not make the reservior colored

Never said it made the reservoir colored... :sly: :)

There are some dyes that are ok to use, but generally, the advice is to stay away (if you google there are tons of pictures of the aftermath). Hopefully that product doesn't gunk up your stuff. :)

As far as others doing it... cool. Perhaps they used something that doesn't gunk it up or they don't care about breaking their loop down every couple of months to keep it clean and gunk free.

i know you did not say that it would or would not a am stateing that i am useing a case that you will see the entire inside of the case and clear water is very boreing :p. I can keep up on Maintenace. When its for something you love its worth the risk to me.

Hey, its your money as you can do as you may. Just don't come crying here on what to do when your blocks are gunked up, reservoir is stained and pumps burned out. Seen it many times happen over and over. Its pretty silly to question us with experience but again, you can do as you want. Seems to me you have't done enough research and just want to jump into this quick to get the party started. Most people who do dyes are doing it for show rigs for contests and lan parties or what have you.

Good luck!

Lets take this down a notch. I was not being rude at all we have differing opinions I take everyone opinions in consideration. I had planned on running just distilled water through my system for a week or so before i did the fluids to see how 1 it would look and 2 not waste fluid if it leaks. I am still researching and will always be researching constantly because everything changes i have a few months before i start purchasing my items so i still have plenty of time to research which i am. I have been doing mostly computer hardware research because that is what made sense to learn first i have only been looking into the water cooling hardware for a month or so and still looking.

I have used Mayhems dyes in the past. And even after flushing my rads several times and several rebuilds later, and after selling my rad to nebulous like 2-3 yrs ago he still says theres a blue tint when flushing out the rad. I'm with the others here if ya want color there's a vast array of colored tubing and rez's out now that make using dyes a thing of the past. Not to mention a bloke I know who was a good friend of Mick, who used his Blood Red in a build to have it turn chocolate brown very quickly.

So be advised it will stain and clog its just the nature of the beast. I truly believe those types of dyes are best left for show rigs and not daily drivers. I myself have stopped all dyes and use nothing but distilled water dead water and colored tubing.

I prefer distilled water and silver coil. Dyes and additives come with a price. GTXJackBauer and S_I_N speak the truth based upon experience.

Well thank you S_I_N for talking to me not telling me i am stupid... I have started looking into colored tubing to find a color that looks nice and not "overdone". I am still looking at fluids but i am going to spend more time with tubeing. I plan on one day going to hard line tubing make it look nicer but i want to first use the easier stuff :p.

Back