• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Video Hardware Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vukasin

Hello guys , i got a problem . At dark places of my screen i see like some vertical lines. I tried switching monitor but same problems happens . So my first susspicious hardware is GPU. I tried reinstalling driver but problem is still there . AFter some time at action center appeared task called , something like '' check for erros '' . i checked and he found like 10 problems same named as this , all same . Screenshot_19.png I hope u can read whats written . Idk what to do , and yea , sometimes bsod with buzzing sound appears too . Any help is appriciated.

Heh... that PSU is better for starting fires than it is powering your system...

While your GPU is only 80W, your CPU is 140W. If you do the math, that is 220W. That PSU only has 204W available AT MOST on the 12v rail (where those components are primarily powered from). 220W/12(v)= more amps than that PSU has. Get another, much better PSU ASAP. That out of the way, I doubt it is your problem as a PSU problem usually manifests itself in powering down under load. Vertical lines are typically not a symptom.

As far as the potential problem, have you tried reseating the cable from the gpu to the monitor or trying an new one of those?

My cpu under max load uses arround 90 W . I tried with repluging power supply cable to gpu , i bought a new monitor too . But problem still existing . Is there any posibility that motherboard can cause it ? http://prntscr.com/6ujxfj

And yes i forgot to say , at heavy load ( such as running bf 3 mp with google opened and maxed settings ) the lines get more noticable , i mean , the things get worse , so , i think its the psu then ? cuz more load more psu usage needed , right ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your CPU can use up to 120W... it is a 120W CPU.

The motherboard cannot cause it (slim to none).

I mentioned to swap out the VIDEO cable between the card and the monitor, not the power supply cable to the GPU. :)

If it is the PSU, it is a rare 'brownout' type situation... but I would look into upgrading that ASAP.

Its a 95 W cpu . I know what im talking Screenshot_4.png . I tried plugging both monitors to my laptop , and there is not that problem . So it disabled cable and monitor problem , cuz if its cable monitor it would happen on laptop too , as i think . I tried disabling my System Fan and optical drive , and problem is still there . So i directly reduced power usage and problem still persists , im so confused right now .

My fault... wrong cpu.

Glad you shared you tried the cable...

Have you tried different drivers Or reinstalling what you have?

Got another psu,handy to test?

Last edited:
i got another psu but its not enough for anything . I tried reinstalling drivers , and since i did it i see some improvement before getting in games ( load ) . The vertical lines get much more noticable at random time , i mean i play a game for 2 hours and just after some time they appear being noticable and then after like 5 mins all goes baack like was before ( still noticable but less ) . These lines arent some glorious problem but its annoying u know , for me who spends a lot of time in front of monitor , they get annoying .

The max i reached ( 1 hour of Unigine Heaven 4.0 ) is 71 C . At stock its arround 30 .

Video Hardware Error

The link above gives a better breakdown of what you should have done about the error. You need to look at least at the temporary copy of the file. There is also the WD-xxx.dmp file that has information in it.

Driver, ram, and trojan-virus seem the most likely causes and in googling there is usually always 17 ERRORS associated with the problem.

I am willing, well nearly, to bet that if you put another video card in that is Nvidia for Nvidia...the problem will still remain. But you surely could test by substituting another video card. In other words another Nvidia video card can use the current driver.

My first most important thing would be a heavy duty virus/trojan scan and see if you can post a copy of what the 'temporary' file looks like and says and then if you can upload the xxxx.dmp file we can look at it and see what the heck it says.

Otherwise I fear we flail helplessly.

RGone...

PS: Since most say your power supply is like a firestarting match...you would likely do well to get a good one. Although I fear it is not the issue since the video hardware error is around for quite a few people.

Yo , i have scanned it with eset , it found 3 viruses and cleaned them, then i got a malwarebytes after it and it didnt find anything....Ill try replacing it with other one , if problem still will be existing , can it be a bad mobo?

ill scan again tomorrow and give u all info u ordered sir . thanks for fast help huys , this is the only forum that gives fast , real help. Thanks all once again

You got it - this is the best forum there is. Lots of knowledgeable, friendly members always willing to help. :thup:

A sure fire way to rule out virus/malware is a full backup/secure erase/format/install procedure. If you still have issues, it's definitely hardware.

I know i had win 8.1 before , and i had similar problem there . I backed to win 7 cuz im a big windows 7 fan...Im sure its not a virus , got scanned with eset twice , with malwarebytes , and last with windows defender , and didnt find anything ,, just first eset scan found 3 viruses & cleaned them . Ill try changing gpu with other to check , but the thing RGone said that viruses cause especially 17 hardware erros , thats what got me confused

Back