• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Servers from the 90's...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I still have some old stuff I'm fond of. The wife wants me to get rid of it :(

Micron Pentium Pro 200 dual socket workstation.

2 Iwill DH800 dual socket 604 workstations.

3 LGA 775 PCs.

I threw out a perfectly fine PII DOS box I'd built for running DOS/Win3.11 at it's fastest possible speed. Any faster processor and DOS crashes.

There are lots of used dual socket server boards to be had that use older processors and can be had for cheap.

3 LGA 775 PCs.

I threw out a perfectly fine PII DOS box I'd built for running DOS/Win3.11 at it's fastest possible speed. Any faster processor and DOS crashes.

There are lots of used dual socket server boards to be had that use older processors and can be had for cheap.

:cry:

Noo0o0ooooo0o0oo0o why did you throw that away???

I think what's going to happen here is buy the parts separately and build the server once I have everything.
Motherboard and CPU's, then find some storage and then PSU's....
The case will be hard to find though.

3 LGA 775 PCs.

Don't just toss.
PM
DH800 won't go to waste here. :)

I think I was around 1.7v.
Depends on the board, but there are always pin mods.

Yeah I was reading up on that last night :D

Seems the 1400's are harder to find...
Found one on fleabay he says he has more too so I emailed about it.
Maybe get a deal for 2 of them + heatsink.

:cry:

Noo0o0ooooo0o0oo0o why did you throw that away???

I think what's going to happen here is buy the parts separately and build the server once I have everything.
Motherboard and CPU's, then find some storage and then PSU's....
The case will be hard to find though.

Don't just toss.
PM
DH800 won't go to waste here. :)
No worries. Only the PII was sacrificed so the others could live. My DH800s ain't going anywhere nor my PPro200. If push comes to shove, I'll find 'em good homes where they will be loved and cherished.

No worries. Only the PII was sacrificed so the others could live. My DH800s ain't going anywhere nor my PPro200. If push comes to shove, I'll find 'em good homes where they will be loved and cherished.

Me & Mr.Scott are all ears for this stuff :thup:

No response from buddy on buying 2 of those 1400 Mhz PIII's...

How much am I missing out by going with 1266Mhz PIII's?
Surely not much for a file server/light IIS server...

SL6BY or SL5XL...

That is the question. The SL6BY holds more top frequencies that the SL5XL @ the bot...

Back