• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Servers from the 90's...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hope he has a older psu he refurbed or you sent him your current one. think i brought this up, you need a 5v rail heavy psu for that p3 server.

Got it installed! :D

Finally configured it enough to allow my computer internet access through it's dual LAN's, but F@H doesn't work on it....
Needs more tweaking I suppose.

Next step: find 2 heatsinks!

Got it installed! :D

Finally configured it enough to allow my computer internet access through it's dual LAN's, but F@H doesn't work on it....
Needs more tweaking I suppose.

Next step: find 2 heatsinks!

Don't waste your time or electrical power. That old hardware just doesn't work on the modern WUs.

Don't waste your time or electrical power. That old hardware just doesn't work on the modern WUs.

:facepalm:

I said that wrong. I was using the server's 2nd LAN NIC to serve up mu daily driver's internet. At the time F@H couldn't upload or download WU's, but that's been resolved now.

The new issue is Windows Live not working correctly and Wingate 7 not functioning at all.

Looking at coolers now.

This one, this one or this one?

I'm leaning towards the Dell one. Hoping it's better than the others especially if I can mount 2 fans on it.
I need to buy 2 of one of these coolers.

If you can get standard fans to fit/work then you only need extra fan or two. If the fans are proprietary, then get extra units or a different non proprietary cooler.

If you can get standard fans to fit/work then you only need extra fan or two. If the fans are proprietary, then get extra units or a different non proprietary cooler.

Won't know if they are proprietary until I pick one.... :p

Which would you choose Audio?

if the fans are proprietary, and one dies, could he not then just take a normal fan, and zap strap/otherwise somehow attach it the the HS, and just plug it into a mobo fan header/molex from psu?

if the fans are proprietary, and one dies, could he not then just take a normal fan, and zap strap/otherwise somehow attach it the the HS, and just plug it into a mobo fan header/molex from psu?

Maybe even make a fan shroud adapter thingy?

the fans are standard 60mm fans based on the model i see labeled on the dells. judging on thickness might be 15mm since they are 60mm fans, they look thicker then they really are. there is the chance they could also be 20mm thick but i dont think dell would have unless they were server hs's.

Nice find! :thup:

Weary about it because I can't get any shipping rates and import charges for it though....

I have 2 of those sitting right here Kyle. I'm sure we could work something out.

Attachments

• 2015-08-23_09-32-58_370.JPG
    2015-08-23_09-32-58_370.JPG
    761.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Back