• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is te highest intel xeon cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1033ruben

Registered
as per title my mobo can only go as high as 1333mhz on the fsb so my question is this is the e5450 the highest that i can use or is it the x5450 because whenever i go to intel's website the only difference between the two is that the e5450 uses 80 watt as tdp and the x5450 uses 120 watt as the tdp or is the x5450 better. heck theres even the X5460 but will i be getting better processing or is it just the same except the tdp is higher and i know that the X5460 has a higher clock speed at 3.16 mhz . so i guess i am wanting to know which is better out of the e5450 and the X5450 .
THANKS IN ADVANCE
RUBEN

If you need the additional clock speed and everything else is equal (same cores, threads, cache, etc) then go for the faster chip

If you need the additional clock speed and everything else is equal (same cores, threads, cache, etc) then go for the faster chip

so other than the 5460 there really is no difference correct other than the tdp between the e5450 and the x5450

okay thanks right now it looks like it is either going to be the e5450, x5460, or the x5470
THANKS
RUBEN

Back