• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no video in zorin linux

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
the story,
got my new 1440 monitor, hooked it to my gtx770, folding under linux, JOY!!!!!
shut the rig down, swapped in my gtx970, plugged in my windows 7 drive, fired up windows, JOY!!!!!
shut it down, rebooted to my zorin 9 drive, get the zorin 9 splash screen, get the little dots running under zorin 9 os screen, some flashing of the screen and it goes dark with back light as it loads the os and just stays that way, keyboard, mouse and monitor lights are all on as normal, normal hdd led flashing like it does all the time.
the driver is 331 that ran the gtx770, boots right into windows and works fine, I'm typing this on it.
tried the hdmi and display port, all the same.
any ideas?

You can try reinstalling the drivers.

Is it possible you have had a kernel update?

Definitely sounds driver related

it would work just fine with my 1080 monitor, plug in my 1440 monitor, no video, back to the 1080, works fine, i have given the zorin rig over to folding for the time.

I should mention that i tried other drivers and still, 1080 was all it would do.

Back