• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A good time to buy RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but the price of RAM is as low as I have seen it in a long time. These things go through cycles every year but if you've been itching to get some more or faster RAM now is the time! There are some great deals out there on quality stuff. I just got 8 gb of GSKill Ripjaws X 1600 mhz CL7 for $56 including shipping from Egg the other day. Must be a surplus of it right now.

Yes, I just got 2x8GB Mushkin 1600 CL9 for $99 shipped from the egg a few days ago. That sale has ended though. But I have noticed an overall drop in prices.

Prices are still higher up here but they are lower than before I have noticed.
The faster version (1866 CL9 RipjawsX kit) of my kit is one the egg for 80$

I paid ~$80 for my Ripjawsx CL9 1600 a year ago. :-/
Perhaps I'll buy some blue RipjawsX to match my AMD rig :D

In are related market, SSD prices are down right now too. Because nand prices are low I guess.

Mr T. I'm just curious do you know the Ic manufacturer of the sticks or what are the 5th-8th numbers of the serial number? I'm assuming they are these

I'm gonna have to git me some RAM & SSD soon. Can't believe the price/performance of Samsung SSD's lately.

Seems like the 120-256g drives have come down a lot, the 480-1tb haven't all that much yet. I paid $90.00 for a pair of 128 g Crucial mx 100's about a month ago. :thup:

I went for that 250gb 850 Evo deal over last xmas for $120. Less than two months later it was down to around $80 during sales. I don't think I ever bought something that dropped that much that quick.

And of course the 500gb dips down to $180 at times. That is insane value. I could have finally ditched my WD Black that Im forced to toss other games on because I thought 250 would be enough. Just as I thought 128 was enough before that.

Back