• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build I7-4790k 290x Crossfire

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ed_biii

Registered
Thought I would show you all my new build I finished on Sunday. Now I don't have to do anymore benches with everything sitting on a table in my garage. Hope you enjoy and any feedback would be great.

IMG_0341.JPG
IMG_0338.JPG
IMG_0229.JPG
~~~.jpg
IMG_0310.JPG
IMG_0316.JPG
IMG_0325.JPG
IMG_0327.JPG
IMG_0333.JPG

Wow. What a beauty! Great job man. Love the attention to detail. You really planned this right. Great color theme, cable management, etc. :salute:

I am guessing those Evo's are in Raid0? :D

Yes sir. I also delidded the 4790k overclocked it 4.8GHz @ 1.275v. I just wanted a really clean look with it. Now I am going to try and sell it and start a new project. Hard for me to give up this chip though. I got lucky with the lottery on this 4790k.

If you don't mind if you can give us a list of your main components and a list of your water cooling setup, including your ID x OD specs of the tubing since it looks perfectly snug for that case.

The tubing in your pic looks a little orange to me but could be the camera but if you're ever interested, have a look at PrimoChill's Advanced LRT bloodshed red tubing.

Nice looking setup... get some red tubes though! :)

If you want a bit more room behind those video cards, mount the push fans on the front of the bezel. ;)

Nice looking setup... get some red tubes though! :)

If you want a bit more room behind those video cards, mount the push fans on the front of the bezel. ;)

+1 :thup:

That would than give you room for a 120.3 in the front in push and pull or just a thick rad with push or pull but nonetheless, the rig rocks as those are just some minor tweaks if you wanted to get better delta-temps and a more accurate tubing color to the rest of the red theme.

Thank you all for your suggestions and comments, I really do appreciate it. This forum is the most knowledgeable in my opinion. I am going to try and answer some of your questions here.

Main Components:
Maximus VII Hero
i7-4790k
16GB 1866 Vegeance Pro
Corsair AX860
2x 840 EVO
2x R9 290X

Water Cooling:
EK Supremecy EVO CPU Block
2x Swiftech Komodo GPU Block
2x XSPC 240 Rads
Swiftech mcp655 Pump
Bitspower Water Tank
Monsoon UV Red 1/2" ID 5/8 OD Acrylic tubing
Monsoon Hardline Compression Fittings
Bitspower Fillport
Koolance Drain

Most of my pics were taken under florescent lighting in the garage. I will be, hopefully this afternoon, taking some photos under natural light outside. The tubing pisses me off in a way. I will add a few pics here under different lights from my logysis light kit here to show how this tubing reacts under different color lighting. If its under red lighting it really reacts perfectly but if you use any blues or greens it turns this tubing orange. It still looks good but... Also, I had some mayhems white liquid that I was just playing around with outside the build to see how it might effect the tubing and it turned a perfect pink. I mean a perfect bright pink. Unfortunately, the only true way to find out most of this information is to buy it and try it. Just like in my build, if photos aren't taken properly they can be misleading.

I originally had drilled two holes for a 120mm rad on the back also but just didn't need it and well its there if I or whoever owns it down the road wants to make that change. My temps are great. No matter what I throw at it. Delidding my CPU gave me the temp room to back off so many rads. The GPU's are close to my push/pull in the front but there is a gap and absolutely no difference in temps with a 120.3 that I did try during initial setup. Also another reason I took out the 120.3 rad was because I had mounted my pwm splitter in the upper right hand corner. I really wanted that accessible in case without having to add extensions to the fans.

Again, Thank you all for your comments. I really do appreciate it. This will be my third custom loop and about my 50th custom build. I am recently retired from the Army and just turned 41 and would like to do this for a living but I have to get a few good customs under my belt and there are so many great builders out there. Its awesome to see. Check out pics below to see how that tubing looks under different light. I will try to get some better pics under natural light up tonight or tomorrow.

IMG_0243.JPG
IMG_0249.JPG

Just a FYI for anyone interested. The corsair air540 side panels will work on either side. I know this is true in some computer cases but not all. So I ordered another side windowed panel for the right side and cut in a fan grill so PSU could breathe better. Plus its just gives it a good look and I can show off both sides

Back