• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't change my virtual memory to second harddrive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoBioN

I just had Grand theft auto 5 for my PC, and have been running into problems with the game crashing due to running out of memory (even though i have 8 gigs)

This seems like a known issue, and most people have fixed this by allowing virtual memory space on the harddrive that the game is installed on.

My problem is that i can see my D: drive in the selection of drives to have a virtual memory on, but i can't get it to "save" the settings at all...

memory issue.JPG

I have my primary harddrive C: that is a SSD drive... the D: is a 1.5 terabyte normal hdd. If i select it and do any of the options and press Ok and then OK again (and it prompts me to restart) nothing ever change.

This is so frustrating because i can't play the damn game.

- - - Updated - - -

The D: drive is in a Hot swap connection, but shouldent be doing anything.

here is the manage window from windows

memory issue222.JPG

Not even when you highlight D: and select custom size (Brugerdefine...) and set it for 4092MB min and max and then Definer, for example? Where does it fail?

Scripts to check actual settings and current usage quickly are here, #34 and 35.

You must click "Definer" to actually apply the new settings before​ you click "Ok" ;)

Back