• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fine Tuning OC help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samfisher

Hi it's my first time in these forums. I'm would like to know what is important for fine tuning my OC. My 4790k is sitting at 4.7 and 1.19V with Aida 64 running. XMP profile is enabled and I lowered my RAM to 1866 for extra stability. Speedstep is disabled and everything else is left on auto because Asus recommended to let the mobo adjust everything except for core voltage and multiplier. When I'm finished running Aida what do I need to do to fine tune it for 24/7 stability? My set up is as follows.

Asus Maximus VII Hero
16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 C9
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro
Corsair AX860i

The goal with overclocking is to reach a clockspeed with the lowest voltage that allows for stability. If you pass for a few hours, lower the voltage and try again. That said, those are really good volts for the clockspeed as is... nice chip!

(and raise that memory speed back up!).

The goal with overclocking is to reach a clockspeed with the lowest voltage that allows for stability. If you pass for a few hours, lower the voltage and try again. That said, those are really good volts for the clockspeed as is... nice chip!

(and raise that memory speed back up!).

1.185v gave me a BSOD after 10 minutes of real bench stress test.

What are you using to stress test? AIDA64 or Realbench? Is it stable for YOUR uses? THAT is the important part really as everyone here has a different preferred application to stress with, how to run it and for how long. I'd stick with one test, then use the PC. If its stable for your uses, then its stable.

What are you using to stress test? AIDA64 or Realbench? Is it stable for YOUR uses? THAT is the important part really as everyone here has a different preferred application to stress with, how to run it and for how long. I'd stick with one test, then use the PC. If its stable for your uses, then its stable.

I'm using Aida 64 now. I'm gonna try 1.185V again and if I make it 3-4 hours with no errors I'll lower it a bit and try again.

Looks like this X4 batch from Vietnam is promising. I'm sitting at 4.7 and 1.175V stable so far.

Last edited:
Back