• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC Noob That Needs Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DBZMikey

Hi name i Mikey and I'm a PC build noob. Is there anything I need to do or click or open to get my PC to see that I have two GTX 980's SC in SLI. Also is there anything that I need to download that can make seeing stuff easier. I know about 3DMark and Heaven and Vally Benchmark. An can anyone explain CPU-Z, RealBench, and AIDA 64.

Thank you if you help

Nvidia control panel -> Configure SLI, surround, Physx -> tick Maximize 3D performance, for starters. That will enable SLI. Then run a benchmark that you have run without SLI enabled and have the score recorded for to make sure that the score is considerably higher, thereby confirming that SLI is enabled.

Usually, but I've seen with my system that some times it will tell me that my cards are in SLI, when SLI is disabled in NCP. I had SLI disabled for 3 days (even though I didn't disable it, no idea how that happened) and was wondering why I wasn't getting the performance I used to get in my games, and was looking for thermal throttling and the like with GPUz.

Regardless, it's never a bad idea to benchmark it to make sure everything is in order.

Back