• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8 GB Installed , 3.97 usable only

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Kingston , and hyper X ... Its dissapointing that that ram here is one of most expensive ones , i mean , lowest price for 4gb ddr3 was something like 29 euros , and this one was the top of the price . Damn ...

Kingston , and hyper X ... Its dissapointing that that ram here is one of most expensive ones , i mean , lowest price for 4gb ddr3 was something like 29 euros , and this one was the top of the price . Damn ...

Its fine ram... for intel. For AMD not so much.

It can happen to any brand, any amount of money.
And RAM is RAM. Just because it costs more doesn't mean its better.

Guys , all i can say is thanks , a lot , for instant help over here . Shall i bring them whole pc or just that stick so they test it themself?

Gotcha . I've never seen more unlucky person than me in the whole damn fckin life lol

They delivered me new one today , and its working perfectly . Just put it in and thats it . Btw , i heared that dual channel actually doubles the speed?

Lol. Way to save the complex explanation that was forthcoming.

How True
How True

I'll help a little.
The memory slots are 64bits wide. When you have two installed correctly, you have a 128bit wide data bus.
This allows the CPU to read from 1 stick while writing to the other.
You have 4 slots on the motherboard because the CPU has (2) two Integrated Memory Controllers (IMC).

Thank You For Your Time
In Reading My Post

It was a noob question but better to ask and be sure right...? and just one more thing , my total gpu memory increased by arround 400 mb ? ( was like 3700 before , 4100 now ) , its pcie gpu , has nothing to do with ram , but it changed ( this might be noob question too but i rly dont know about this lol ) :)

I'll ask now as I know the others will need the info.
Before we can trouble shoot the problem or help you with your problem. ( You are there, We are here, you see the (1st) first problem)

We need to know the following:
Motherboard - Make & Model _____________________________________
CPU Installed, if Overclocked, and Speed ___________________________
Memory - Make, Model, Speed, Amount, & if Overclocked _____________
Video Card - Make, Model, Overclocked, & Driver Installed _____________
Power Supply - Make, Model, & Power ______________________________

Thank You For Your Time
In Reading And Replying

970A DS3P , FX 8300 stock , 2x4gb hyperx fury 1866 mhz , gt 740 gigabyte 2gb ddr5 128 bit version , 500 W rexpower

Looks like that GPU supports "shared memory". It is probably set to automatic, and increased when the total RAM available increased. Check the GeForce control panel and see if you can disable the shared memory option. Given the limited processing power of that GPU, allocating more memory past what it has onboard is kind of silly.

Does that shared system memory has some impact on the fps , and overall gpu performance?

- - - Updated - - -

Screenshot_2.png

Back