• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tuning z5500 5.1 on the z87 sabertooth

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Autonutz

Registered
Hey guys just got a set of z5500 for my system and i've been having troubles dialing it in!

System: Z87 sabertooth w/onboard sound coupled with z5500 (digital connection used)

using the realtek audio manager I cant get sound to operated through the rear left speaker, switching them around i've figured out the speaker and cable are good so the problem has to be software etc. I also cant seem to switch effects like stereo and 5.1 in the manager itself without all sound cutting out and having to restart whatever program i'm using.

-Anyone else have this issue or any clue how to rectify the problem?
-Should i pick up a sound card?
-If someone else does have the z5500 with a realtek audio manager what did you use for a setup?

Make sure your windows sound configuration matches up with the realtek one.

I personally have used both the analog and digital connection for the speakers, I previously used RealTek but installed a soundcard for my headset reviews and just use that. May want to try the analog just to make sure everything works properly going that direction.

As for switching effects I believe that is just going to happen when the sound cuts out of the application it won't know what to do from there. Assuming you mean from inside the software and not just hitting the effects button on the control pod?

Back