• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Monitor W7 Startup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barryng

Recently, something happened that causes an almost exactly 60 second delay after the W7 desktop appears until it connects to the network (ethernet hard wired).

I suspect there is a service W7 is trying to start that it cant find so it tries for 60 seconds or so and then just goes onto the next service on the list. I am thinking there must be a utility, like the old Bootvis for XP, that would allow me to see what this is.

Any help would be appreciated because, in spite of my best efforts, I have been unable to fix this problem.

Check out the sysinternals autoruns and you can see what runs at login, services, etc

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I found the problem and surprisingly it was due to a respected and normally well behaved service, Teamviewer 10. I found it by stopping all the non-Microsoft services, one by one, and watching what happened when the machine started.

Interesting....

I just upgraded to Teamviwer 10 myself...
I don't reboot often, but I haven't noticed this yet.

Which version of Teamviewer 10 are you running?

Man, I haven't used TeamViewer since version 8. Never saw that problem from it back then, glad you found out what it was!

Team Viewer . . . ah, yes! That's what those hucksters with middle eastern accents install on you computer when they want to sell you a "cleaning and monitoring" service for $100 a year.

I see that program over and over on my clients' computers when I'm cleaning malware. And they are users who would have no use for Team Viewer or even know what it is.

Last edited:
TeamViewer is an awesome program, trents. Not sure why you have a grudge against it.

No, I don't have a grudge against Team Viewer at all. It's legit but like a lot of other things it is often used by people who aren't legit. I was just making an observation. If you see it on people's computers who are having issues and you are trying to help them then consider that Team Viewer may have been installed by scammers and there is likely malware on the machine. Just a heads up. A possible clue to what the problem is and where it came from. It may be a good occasion to have a conversation with your friend, family member or customer about scammers.

Back