• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a dual socket LGA 1366 board that can be overclocked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not having any luck...

Seems it's not supported from what I can find :(

This board can be supported by SetFSB, but it's skt 771...

Yeah I saw the same 3 Supermicro boards :(

Last Update 2013.2.22

Looks like the only way to OC this board is by using the fastest CPUs lol.

The creator of setfsb will make a custom one for your clock generator for a donation iirc.

I bet someone here has had one made and knows a little more then me but setfsb is not used as much anymore due to all of the easily overclocked boards on the market. So there is really no need for it anymore other then custom applications like this and older boards. Since I want another 2p 1366 board I hope this venture works out lol.

If I end up with this board, I'll try contacting SetFSB. Sans a reasonable SR-2 pops up...

That is a pretty sweet setup I actually am using that same case right now with a 360 and 240 rad in it.

I sold my SR-2 motherboard only for $480 last year thats crazy for a motherboard.

Last edited:
You'd get $1k today.

I had a Sr-2 for a short while they are fragile and are basically all out of warranty now so tread carefully buying used boards. With that said it was tons of fun having 12 cores and a massive motherboard.

I saw a review and there were 24 threads. I was looking forward to only 12. Dual 1366 is still quite potent. Looking at benchmarks, the latest and greatest same core count v2 & v3 processors don't beat it by huge amounts.

Last edited:
For the price the 32nm westmere architecture is impossible to beat for price performance.

Well I got the board on ebay for $170 shipped. Also got a pair of E5620 Xeons for $40 and two sticks of Samsung 2x4GB DDR3 1333 Reg ECC memory for $40 to get by until I can get more. I've got to dry fit everything so to speak to make sure the motherboard is functional.

Now I need a couple of dirt cheap coolers so I don't burn the CPUs during testing.

I plan on overclocking it from 2.4 GHz to 3.46 GHz... after I upgrade the processors to X5690 six core that run at that speed :burn:

Found some dirt cheap Intel LGA 1366 Xeon coolers. $8.25 ea shipped.

Last edited:
I had some supermicro ones when I had 5620's and they were so loud lol.

I had some supermicro ones when I had 5620's and they were so loud lol.

I have 2 supermicro 92mm coolers for my L5630s and they are super quiet, run at about 20dB.

I've heard good things about the Intel ones. Nice build you got going there!

Last edited:
Only have $285 invested so far including the coolers and 2xMolex>8pin power adapter.

Back