• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nightmare problem which I cannot solve..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Again, we have it, and its code is "thup" but with : as bookends. Click on the smiley button and click MORE. Its there.

I've seen these kinds of issues with old Windows installs, have you done a reinstall? Did you secure erase the SSD before installing if you did?

You say the SSD is newer, did you do a fresh install of Windows when you got it, or did you migrate your old install?

Before spending more money, this is what I would do:
1: Back up all of your data.
2: Secure erase the SSD.
3: Reinstall Windows and your drivers, rebooting between each driver.
4: Install updates.
5: Install a game and see if it happens again.

I've seen these kinds of issues with old Windows installs, have you done a reinstall? Did you secure erase the SSD before installing if you did?

You say the SSD is newer, did you do a fresh install of Windows when you got it, or did you migrate your old install?

Before spending more money, this is what I would do:
1: Back up all of your data.
2: Secure erase the SSD.
3: Reinstall Windows and your drivers, rebooting between each driver.
4: Install updates.
5: Install a game and see if it happens again.

Thanks for the response guys

I made sure I did a fresh install. I was aware of migrating but knew it could cause issues so I never did it. I secure erased the SSD a second time with a fresh copy of W7 installed updates and nothing had changed.

Unfortunately I've decided to buy a new GPU tomorrow morning. So it's going to be a nervous install and boot up of my first attempt at playing a game with it.

Thanks for all the input, I will post tomorrow with hopefully some good news! :)

OK so this morning I went to the shop and bought a 280x graphics card.. nervously cleaned my drivers and installed new ones.. booted up Killing Floor 2.. and played for 30min.. no crash. just spent 2 hours playing tonight.. nothing.. In other words.. IT'S FIXED!

Just to close this topic on the fact the kernel power issue must have been gfx card related? Although i'm still puzzled to why I did get this error on the 780ti.. But at the moment I'm just happy it's working again!

Thanks to all for the replies :)

Back