• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Added 2nd GPU but...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chuckerants

So I added another 7970 to my dedicated Folding rig, but after rebooting a couple of times, I only see 1 GPU Folding. What am I not doing? And what fan controller/temp monitor can I use as the HIS program only sees one GPU also.

Do I need to activate Crossfire? If so, how?

TIA

Does Device manager show 2 cards? How about the bios?
Have you tried swapping slots with the known good card to the second slot and new card to the known good slot? Or at least try the new card alone in the known good slot?

You do not enable SLI/CFx for F@H, no.

You may just have to add that gpu slot in the fah control? I'm pretty sure i had to add my 2nd gpu manually, but :shrug: could be different for you
gpuz will let you monitor both cards as will afterburner :thup:

Ok, I uninstalled F@H, rebooted, then reinstalled. NOW it sees both GPUs. I'm going to bed guys. I started my 7th night shift last night at 18:30, got off at 06:30, drive 200 miles home, took the wife out for breakfast, saw a couple houses I was thinking about buying, then installed F@H, I'm tired.

Off for 7 days, I'm vegging and geeking out for a week.

Thanks all.

if you are folding, disable crossfire, the bridges can be installed, just enable it to game.

Capture.JPG

It's Folding, but it's a little noisy and a little hot. It looks like one is running at 74C and the other at 80C.

you're running them both in one rig?
leave the clocks and find some more cooling, try some more case exhaust fan if you can.

Got a fan blowing in cool air?
My case is open from almost all sides chuck, but my 7850 still cooks unless I have this Yate Loon feeding it cool air.

(I also have the 7850 in the wrong slot. I cut a hole in the side just for the 7850's single craptastic fan. Makes a difference)

The Folding rig is in the corner of the living room jammed in next to the bog screen TV and the gun safe (yes, gun safe. It just fits right in in the living room. :D )

It may be a tight squeeze, but I may have to get a small fan blowing on it as you suggest. It's a good thing I'm pretty hard of hearing.

Yeah, one of the 7970s just finished the first WU!
Got a fan blowing in cool air?
My case is open from almost all sides chuck, but my 7850 still cooks unless I have this Yate Loon feeding it cool air.

(I also have the 7850 in the wrong slot. I cut a hole in the side just for the 7850's single craptastic fan. Makes a difference)

you might also go to the sapphire site and download trixx and try to get the voltage down, on my 280x cards this helps me get the temps down.

It looks like one is running at 74C and the other at 80C.
My top card runs a lot hotter than the bottom one. Makes sense since the top card has to deal with the hot exhaust from the card underneath it. I run the fans at 85% & 70% and the top card is still 8°C hotter. I like MSI Afterburner the best. Lots of low level control.

Back