• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Part Number needed for SATA power pins - EVGA SuperNova 750W G2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCCrisisMaker

It seems EVGA is not using the standard Molex SATA power connector pins but have a proprietary housing and pins. I have a crap-load of Molex made SATA pins (see here for reference http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...=sGAEpiMZZMvd2mIcYG7oaP/mRaSNNy9oz54K/95lM9I= ) they do not fit in the EVGA SATA power connectors - they do fit all other SATA connector housings I've dealt with.
Looking at the EVGA SATA pins, there are differences that are noticeable. Does anyone have a part number or source for those (strange) SATA pins?

It's not critical, I can always order Molex housings but I'd rather be able to re-use these, Thanks

Yep, waiting to hear back from them but figured I'd ask here in case someone has a source and info.

On a cheerier note, it 's not proprietary since I found the same SATA pins in my NZXT Hale 90 V2 850W - perhaps a newer version (although I found no reference to that anywhere)

I'm back with some pictures lest everyone thinks I've lost my mind
20150505_145256_zpsm9mdjcd7.jpg
This is the "new" style SATA connector (type used on EVGA and NZXT PSU's) that I broke trying to fit an old style pin in, the old style pins do not fit. The "new" style pins do fit the old connectors

20150505_144939_zpskockt2is.jpg
Here are the two different styles of SATA power pins, the "new" style on the right, "old" style on the left

20150505_145034_zpsjbavwtbx.jpg
Last are the two different type pins in profile

Back