• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this upgrade worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zSean

Hey, everyone!

So I was wondering if this upgrade would be worth it. I want to upgrade from a GTX 760 to a 900 series card, but the only one I can afford is the 960. Is that upgrade worth it? Will I see much of a performance boost?
Incase you need to know, my CPU is a FX-8320 3.5GHz and I have 8GB DDR3 ram.

if you buy a really over clocked 960 yes, the 960 is close to a 770.
I have 2 pair of 760's and in sli a pair of 760's will scare the hell out of a get titan owner at a lower cost.

you will be better off to save a while and jump to the 970.
I also have a 970 and for the dollar they are awsome.

If 2-6 fps is worth 200$ to you, go nuts. Save for the big one imo. The 960 benchmarks helluva lot better than the 760, but in gaming performance, the 960 isn't much better at all. If possible, can you sell the 760 and bump up to a 970?

Save up for the evga 970 ftw edition. It's really an awesome card for the price. I started off with a 970, than grabbed another one and tried sli. Ended up upgrading to a 980 classified, grabbed a second one of that. Now ive returned the 980's and just waiting for my titan x. Honestly the 970 and the 980 are almost at the same fps for half the price.

looking at the link atminside posted, it is not really worth it to get the 960, the result will be disapointment for you.
waiting and saving is the route for you and getting a 970.
I have the evga 970 ftw, it is a very poor clocker, this does not bother me as the card is so good i don't see it in game, it plays every thing very well indeed.
the card is quiet, that means a lot to me.

Back