• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New in water cooling , is this normal ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

victoroy

Hi , this is my first water cooling loop , i was using a 1 Rad all in one water cooling solution , and the temperatures get little high! , when i was just surfing on google chrome the temperature reach 40 C , and when playing GTA V some times 65 C , now i order some water cooling parts from amazon and i build my own water cooling loop , the question is:

My temperature when im surfing on the web our just watching some videos is 25 C our some times 35 C , and when playing GTA V 40 C max 50 C , some friends tell me that is a little by warm , it should be 16 C not 25 .. , then i was asking my self if i just make a bad config .....

Here is my PC hardware:

2 x Samung SSD EVO 250 Gb
Motherboard: Asus Crossair Formula AMD3+
CPU: AMD FX9590
RAM: 4 X 4GB Corsair RAM
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 660

NOTE: Only the CPU is in the water cooling loop

Also other thing , I was a little out of money and i just buy Vinyl Tube from home depot (It is really hard to manage) , i dont know if that afects , also i use Destilled water and some UV Dye from XSCP

Here is my water cooling hardware:
Pump: Swiftech MCP655-B
Fans: 2 x Corsair Air Series AF120
Fittings: XSPC G1/4" to 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD Compression Fitting
Dye: XSPC ECX Ultra Concentrate Coolant, Blue UV
Balancer: Phobya Balancer 150 Reservoir - Black Nickel
Biocide: Petra's Tech PT Nuke Cu Concentrated Biocide
CPU Block: XSPC Raystorm CPU Block for AMD
Rad: XSPC EX240 2 x 120mm, Dual 120mm Low Profile Split Fin Copper Radiator

I dont know if it is normal this temperatures , can i get some help ? im new in this type of cooling

Here is a photo of the system:
water cooling build.jpg

Thx!

:welcome: to OCFs.

Those temps are not bad as far as I know but that 65c is worrisome as I've read the max temp for that CPU is 70c. It also depends what your ambient temps are in your room where this loop is located.

Have you got any unexpected system shutdowns?

Also, Dyes can impede the loops performance as it can gunk or stain up your loop's gear. Straight distilled water is going to have higher thermal properties than say dyed fluid. I would stick with PrimoChill Advanced LRT tubing and distilled water with Petra's biocide that you have at hand is all you need.

I see nothing out of the ordinary. It's a 9590 in Mexico. The ambient is always warmer than normal.

I'm with Mr Scott..... not bad temps for a small loop. Do yourself a favor switch out to just distilled water and pt nuke, when you can some better tubing you can probably get some blue Uv tube easy enough. That cheap stuff from home depot tends to leach allot of plastisiser which will cloud your tube and can gum up your block.

what program are you using to check temps?
Speccy

- - - Updated - - -

:welcome: to OCFs.

Those temps are not bad as far as I know but that 65c is worrisome as I've read the max temp for that CPU is 70c. It also depends what your ambient temps are in your room where this loop is located.

Have you got any unexpected system shutdowns?

Also, Dyes can impede the loops performance as it can gunk or stain up your loop's gear. Straight distilled water is going to have higher thermal properties than say dyed fluid. I would stick with PrimoChill Advanced LRT tubing and distilled water with Petra's biocide that you have at hand is all you need.

When i was using the Old water cooling that comes with my CPU , Yes , my PC just shutdown , and when playing GTA V i get alof of Blue Screen , Now with the new loop No

- - - Updated - - -

I'm with Mr Scott..... not bad temps for a small loop. Do yourself a favor switch out to just distilled water and pt nuke, when you can some better tubing you can probably get some blue Uv tube easy enough. That cheap stuff from home depot tends to leach allot of plastisiser which will cloud your tube and can gum up your block.

thank you , what about adding another Radiator to the loop ?

- - - Updated - - -

I see nothing out of the ordinary. It's a 9590 in Mexico. The ambient is always warmer than normal.

thank! , yes its so warm in Monterrey

More rad with that CPU will never hurt. Those FX9590 run at 1.5v+ just at stock which brings with it allot of heat, the more cooling you can give it the better especially when you add in your warm ambient temps.

i only see a thing or two wrong.
the tubing needs to be changer to primochill lrt as was already posted.
you need to point a fan right at that black thing between the cpu socket and the rear i/o plate, it is to the left of and also above the water block in the picture.
that is a heatsink and needs more airflow when we watercool.
and I love the look of the xspc water block.

More rad with that CPU will never hurt. Those FX9590 run at 1.5v+ just at stock which brings with it allot of heat, the more cooling you can give it the better especially when you add in your warm ambient temps.

Okay! , so i will need to leve my AC on all the time ....

- - - Updated - - -

i only see a thing or two wrong.
the tubing needs to be changer to primochill lrt as was already posted.
you need to point a fan right at that black thing between the cpu socket and the rear i/o plate, it is to the left of and also above the water block in the picture.
that is a heatsink and needs more airflow when we watercool.
and I love the look of the xspc water block.

that black thing i tink that is the north and south bridge , i see a water block for that , did it really need to be so cool ? , i mean if i get that water block for the motherboard i will get better preformance in ?

The northbridge is also under there but what CD is getting at is the VRM circuits is under there, the move you overclock and the more VCore you need the hotter they get and is a big culprit to generating heat in the CPU Socket area. When using an air cooler the fan / fans have some spill over if you will that keeps air moving over this cooler that helps cool it. If you don't remove this heat it builds up and can heat soak your CPU Socket and in some cases induce some instability into your OC. That's why we recommend a max temp of 72*C Socket when people ask what are safe temps when I overclock.

So once we go with a custom loop there is no airflow around the CPU Socket so unless you have a huge amount of air circulating in your case from other fans, most of us guys that push the FX8XXX chips have taken to add an extra fan blowing across this cooler as well as adding one in the back to help remove hot air from sitting in behind the CPU Socket.

Your friends are crazy or just mis-informed. You can't have 16C CPU idle temps unless the ambient temp is sub zero

Your friends are crazy or just mis-informed. You can't have 16C CPU idle temps unless the ambient temp is sub zero

Low idle temps like that are common on FX processors due to how they calibrated the thermocouple.

Trust load temps. AMD has had temp reporting issues for over 10 years.

16C idle temps is below 60f. Is your room that cold? Water cooling is always, ALWAYS above the room them. Physics. Basic science.

Part of learning the basics. Get rid of the fancy colored fluid before it stains your loop. We preach distilled and a biocide here. No color except colored tubing.

Back